I need a Warranty Claims form to give to our customers

T

tomjess

I have been given the job of looking after the warranty claims for the company I work for.

I would like to design a form to give to our customers to start the ball rolling, so to speak.

Any examples out there, that you would not mind sharing?

Thanks in advance

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Warranty Claims

a form for you customers to fill out if they have a warranty claim....

We don't have one (form, not warranty claims), but it made me sit back and think about what a conversation with our customers might be if there were...

US: So, I'll fax you the form, if you will just fill it out and send it back to us, we'll be happy to get the ball rolling.

THEM (v1): But, I already e-mailed you the information on our claims request, why do I have to fill out your form.
THEM (v2): So, you've already sent me product that was not what I expected, thus surprising me with bad quality, putting my operations behind schedule and potentially costing us future business with our customer, and you want me to take another hour out of my schedule to fill out your form? (the sound of sarcasm should be imagined here)

Now, I know that you may provide a product that your proposed form to be filled out by the customer would work, so don't get me wrong. I just would think this through very carefully. I can imagine our customers using this (in a very limited way, and probably causing us more work) if it were an electronic form submitted through the internet. But, in our case, at least, we get more, and better, information if we talk directly to the customer's representative and ask the right questions right away, while entering the form ourselves, than we would ever get from a customer completed form. Besides which, there are a lot of people out there in the world that want to talk to a real live being when they have a problem. Filling out and submitting a form is very sterile and gives them no sense of being cared for by their supplier. :2cents:

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource

Any examples out there, that you would not mind sharing? Thanks in advance

This is a form that we use when the product enters our building. Granted, it is not used for every return due to Account contractual we-take-anything-back agreements, etc. But it is used for Consumer warranty returns. Hope this guides you in the direction you seek.

Attachments

• Product_Return_Report.doc
    75 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator

This is interesting as we are being forced to draw a line in the sand with our customers regarding warranty repairs.
We've never really enforced conditions before but in the last year we've been getting back a bunch of parts that suffer from one or more of:
a) Wrong parts than they are claiming warranty
b) More parts come back than what they claimed
c) parts come back so horribly packaged that we can't possible analyze for the claimed defect
d) parts that exhibit a defect totally different from what was claimed

So, we are enforcing packaging and labeling rules. If they don't follow them their parts don't get analyzed and they don't get credit.

Fortunately in the scheme of things we have a very low rate of returned product, and even then 50% of the "warranty returns" are the fault of the end user due to poor installation damaging the part or introducing contamination.

Top Bottom