Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

I voted today - 6 November 2012 (US Elections)

S

silentrunning

At 6:30am I was number 7 in line. by the time the doors opened at 7am there were about 100 people standing behind me in line. When I left at 7:10 there were close to 150 people in line and no parking spaces in the parking lot. It's going to be a long day!

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Re: I voted today

Because of a last-minute need to take a business trip this will be the first presidential election I've missed since the first one I was eligible for in 1972. I'm the guy who voted for George McGovern. :tg:

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions
I like the county that got it's voting and counting done in a few minutes just after midnight. Helps that there were only 10 eligible to vote and they were there at midnight waiting to vote. It was a close run thing too with 5 for Republican and 5 for democrat candidates.

I seriously hope it isn't that close nationally or there will be a lot of spare campaign money lining lawyers' pockets! I got sick of hearing about pregnant chads all those years ago. And over this side of the pond too!! Don't care who wins just so long as someone is a clear winner. The world will continue turning whoever wins.

I did early voting, waiting in line for about 45 minutes two weeks ago. The county I live in seems to move the voting location every 2 years and the venue 'seems' to get smaller and smaller.

This was the first year I did early voting and (hopefully) not the last. I watched some congressman claiming that early voting should be illegal and we should only be allowed to vote on the First Tuesday of November. The last two times I voted on voting day, I stood out in the cold for two to three hours, it was cold.

T

True Position

I did early voting, waiting in line for about 45 minutes two weeks ago. The county I live in seems to move the voting location every 2 years and the venue 'seems' to get smaller and smaller.

This was the first year I did early voting and (hopefully) not the last. I watched some congressman claiming that early voting should be illegal and we should only be allowed to vote on the First Tuesday of November. The last two times I voted on voting day, I stood out in the cold for two to three hours, it was cold.
When you hold minority opinions it's in your own political best interests to make voting as difficult as possible, reduce the election to each base and try to turn yours out.

As to the declining quality of your elections, are you in a heavily Democratic part of NV?

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Re: I voted today

Because of a last-minute need to take a business trip this will be the first presidential election I've missed since the first one I was eligible for in 1972. I'm the guy who voted for George McGovern. :tg:
I hate that Jim. It's good that you have always taken voting seriously.:agree1:

As to the declining quality of your elections, are you in a heavily Democratic part of NV?
I live in Dayton (just outside of Carson City). I do not know what party has the majority of influence, but I believe that Vegas is the heavy Democratic area of NV (326 miles away), in this, I could be wrong though.

T

True Position

I live in Dayton (just outside of Carson City). I do not know what party has the majority of influence, but I believe that Vegas is the heavy Democratic area of NV (326 miles away), in this, I could be wrong though.
Looked it up, your district is one I'd call 'very safely republican', as long as nobody crazy wins the primary(and it would need to be Christine O'Donnell levels) they will win. Probably just trying to reduce turnout in general then, sorry to hear that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott Catron

True Artisan
Super Moderator
I went to the polls 15 minutes early and was one of the first 8 folks. Was done by 7:10. There was about 20 people in line when I left.

Top Bottom