I want to make a system audit in accordance with ISO / TS 16949

Hello dear forum community, I'm new to the QM region and would have got a question. If I want to make a system audit in accordance with ISO / TS 16949, then I must abpr?fen all standard points. Right?

If so, where is it?

Thanks for the reply.

Greeting P.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
I believe you are asking if you have to verify each and every requirement? Yes, but in a different way. What you seem to be seeking is what we used to call a "gap analysis" checksheet. They used to be common, and there may still be some here on Elsmar.

But, the favored approach now is a process approach audit. TS requires internal audits to be scheduled and audited to your processes, not to the clauses.. You would take your defined processes, schedule each one for an audit, and develop your audit plans around that. That is a little more complicated. There are postings available on Elsmar that show what a process style audit plan should look like. Some are good, some not so good. You will have to make your own decisions. There are also some good tools available on my website, www.Jilling.com. These are free for download by anyone. These might help. Other consultants and registrars here on Elsmar may have tools available also.

Perhaps most important, it would be advisable to get some good training on TS and process approach. In the long run, it will give you a cheaper and better system. I, and other consultants here on Elsmar do training, and that may be the best guidance we can give you. Good success!

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Hello dear forum community, I'm new to the QM region and would have got a question. If I want to make a system audit in accordance with ISO / TS 16949, then I must abpr?fen all standard points. Right?

If so, where is it?

Thanks for the reply.

Greeting P.
Hi P,

What does abpr?fen mean ... does it mean knowledge ?

With "abpr?fen" I mean ckecken :)

I am student and get no education or training. in the range system or process audits, I am working on a project and just wanted to know if I need abpr?fen all points of the ISO / TS 16949 for a Sysetmaudit and where that stands. Sorry for my english schelchtes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Management of NC after internal system audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J Microsoft Teams to manage Internal Audit System? Internal Auditing 3
L IATF 16949 Clause 9.2.2.2 Quality Management System Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
H IATF 16949 Clause 9.2.2.2 Audit System / CSR IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
T Example System & Process Audit Check Sheet for IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
C IATF Cl. 9.2.2.2 Quality Management System Audit - CQI-23 Molding System Assessment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
A Audit Finding - CAPA, Improvement Initiatives not filed in CAR System ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q Internal Audit of Product Quality Complaint System (21 CFR Part 820) Customer Complaints 9
P System Audit Approach - Application of VDA 6.3 - Process Auditing VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
A System Audit on the basis of VDA 6.3 VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
W AS9100C registration - How long does the system have to run before initial audit? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
C System or Tool Audit Template wanted Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 2
B Internal Audit/Checks (7.1?) - Entire System Yearly? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
N Internal Audit of the Training System - Corrective Action Necessary? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 16
E Internal Audit Requirements of an ISO 14001 system ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
A What documents would an FDA auditor want to see in an FDA Audit of Quality System 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
F AS9100 - How many times can the same auditor audit your system AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
S ISO/TS 16949 In Doldrums - Just failed disappointingly in the ISO9001 System Audit General Auditing Discussions 7
K System Audit for New Supplier Qualification Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
A Can I do Quality System Audit instead of Procedure Audit in this scenario? Internal Auditing 9
A Complaint System Internal Audit - Topics to Emphasize Internal Auditing 12
M Implementing an AS9100 Quality System - Stage 1 Audit for AS9100 is Oct 2012 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22
B Creating an Audit Mechanism (System/Plan) General Auditing Discussions 3
C Aircraft Certification System Evaluation Program (ACSEP) Audit - Who can trigger it? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
V Internal Audit of Integrated Management System Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
A Internal Audit for an Integrated Management System (IMS)? Internal Auditing 17
K Statistically Valid Audit Sample for Management System Audits? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Supplier Quality Management System (QMS) Audit - Formal Documented QMS does not exist ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B Where do I start when I Internal Audit the Quality Management System? Internal Auditing 8
Q How to Audit the Client Quality System - Product Failure caused by no Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Internal Audit of the Internal Audit System Internal Auditing 81
A How to calculate the Effectiveness of the Process and Product Audit System Internal Auditing 10
C System Root Cause and CA (Corrective Action) for ISO 13485 Audit Nonconformances ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Quality Auditing System - Audit Plan per guidance from ISO 19011 Internal Auditing 8
J Setting up a Vendor (Supplier) and Internal Audit System - Need help Internal Auditing 4
D Performing Internal Audit of our Accounts System Internal Auditing 4
Y Tips for a first Process Audit on the QMS system at a new company Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
M "Lessons Learned System" - Evidence for Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
N All-or-Nothing Rating System - Internal Audit Checklist - ISO 9001 Internal Auditing 5
P Internal audit whole system in 1 year Internal Auditing 20
Hershal Internal Audit - The full physical of the system General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
C Who is responsible for auditing the Internal Audit system? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 56
L Internal Audit Scoring System Internal Auditing 40
G External Audit Finding - Audits of System Management vs. Process Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
6 How to implement a functional system and carry out high quality internal Audit? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
G Kamishibai Audit System General Auditing Discussions 16
P EMS (Environmental Management System) ISO 14001 Audit example wanted ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 16
H Internal Audit Plan - Seperate audit plans for system, process, and for products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
V Definition Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for Internal Audit System Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 21
K TS 16949 Calibration System Audit - What questions will they ask me? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11