I want to understand the ISO certification process.

B

Billyzane

I'm Billyzane from the Philippines. I'm here since I'm into corporate training and wants to understand the ISO Certification Process, Scope, and Compliance. This whole ISO thing sounds so complicated. Where should I start? Thank you and I look forward to more enlightened exchanges with the other members of this forum.

B

BSmith83

Hi Billy, I am in the same boat as yourself, new to ISO and trying to figure it all out. First off the best thing to understand, is that ISO is a system to help companies grow through quality control on all aspects of the organization, not just what you sell. ISO does not set a bar or set of standards for comapnies to meet on what they offer, but rather help them set, maintain, and raise their OWN bar. Putting out a good product or service is basic, but improving upon what is existing isnt always easy. This system helps organizations to gather and maintain data, both good and bad in the interest of growing and improving a buisness or organization.
This is a basic answer to a basic question, what is ISO? Setting up and implementing a system is a much, much larger question which can get, as you've seen, pretty complicated.
I hope this helps, and I hope Im not leading you astray! :)

AndyN

Moved On
Welcome! I notice that the OP is asking about the certification process, which is somewhat different to what ISO is and how to implement.

The certification process is done in two stages and should be performed by an accredited CB in your country. Once certified an annual audit is required and on the 3rd year a "triennial" audit is performed to recertify the organization.

I

immaya08

Hi.

Let me just correct that ISO is not in any way a system, but an International Standard that would help greatly in implementing the Quality Management System for any organisation. AndyN is correct; listen to the experts.

B

Billyzane

Hi AndyN

Thank you so much for the clarification. My company is precisely in its annual audit. The company is an ISO 14001 9004 (?) Certified. So my question will be: 1) what are we to expect from the auditor? 2) what areas will he/she be auditing and in what manner; 3) what preparations should my company do prior to the actual audit visit?.

Looking forward to your response AndyN and warm regards from the Philippines!

B

Billyzane

Hi Marc

Just want to be clarified about the deletion of Michael Anishton's response to my query. What's a ToS violation? Thanks in advance.

M

Michael.Anishton

Sorry Billyzane. It was somewhat a form of advertisement which is not allowed in the forum thread. I'll try to PM you with what I had posted.

To Marc - I apologize about it.

Regards,
Michael A.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Sorry Billyzane. It was somewhat a form of advertisement which is not allowed in the forum thread. I'll try to PM you with what I had posted.

To Marc - I apologize about it.

Regards,
Michael A.

Cautionary note. Sending PM's to folks with the intent to advertise services can result in banning.

Stijloor, Forum Moderator.

Top Bottom