Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

I wish to know about ISO 28000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001

D

Daimon

For the experts on board, I wish to know about ISO 28000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 which I hope will be explained to me in strictest, most simple sense. I know that these standards are a bit broad to try and give a simple explanation. As much as i want to ask specific questions but it's hard for me to formulate one. I am a beginner and what i know is that these are all about security, safety and environment protection. I hope you can help me understand these standards better. If possible, you can try to be brief on your explanations though my question is a bit vague. When I say "be brief", I mean please use examples about heavy equipment maintenance, materials handling, etc.

Thank you.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Your best bet is to *Search* and read existing discussion threads first. Then, when you have a grasp of the basics of the standards you asking about people can help you. To ask for someone to explain these standards to you is beyond the scope of what we try to do here. You have to do some investigation on your own and then get to some specific questions.

ISO 28000 (new forum so not much info yet)
ISO 14001
OHSAS 18001

Do you have a copy of each of the standards? Have you read them?

D

Daimon

....To ask for someone to explain these standards to you is beyond the scope of what we try to do here. You have to do some investigation on your own and then get to some specific questions....
Understood.
Do you have a copy of each of the standards? Have you read them?
I don't have one. I am actually searching for it.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
You can get an idea of their contents here by reading existing forum discussion threads, but the bottom line is you will have to buy them. They're copyrighted documents so we can't 'share' them here.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
In addition to searching The Cove for information, you may also wish to look at some of the major certification body websites, they often contain a good overview of these standards such as this link. Look also at the bottom of this page for a pdf containing further information.

D

Daimon

Thank you for the replies and links that makes sense though some threads are complicated to me as a biginner. Can anyone outline the high level requirements of ISO 28000, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001?

D

Daimon

I just read it. Thank you guys for your patience. Reading some discussions, so far, I’ve learned that ISO 14001 is about managing environmental impact while OHSAS 18001 is about managing Occupational Health and Safety risks. Please comment if my understanding is flawed.

I will appreciate if someone can provide examples to differentiate one from the other.

D

Daimon

In addition to searching The Cove for information, you may also wish to look at some of the major certification body websites, they often contain a good overview of these standards such as this link. Look also at the bottom of this page for a pdf containing further information.
Thank you for your help. How can one be an credited and duly licensed Safety Practitioner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom