IA Construction Procurement Process

Good day! I'm new to ISO and I am currently a trainee in Internal Auditing of our company. Our company is still not certified but we're already using IMS and they requires me to do an Internal audit as part of my training, I will be auditing the Procurement Process and its functions. Can I ask for just a little guide to start of? I am having trouble coming up with IA questions for ISO 9001 in regards to the purchasing process. Can anyone please help me or provide me some questions in regards with procurement process? A Procurement Audit Checklist would be a great help :) I'm currently studying the updated process of procurement department. I hope someone can give me a little guide regarding this matter. I would be very glad to read some insights about the topic and I know I still need a lot of things to learn in this field.

Company Background:
Construction Company with expertise in MEPF, FDAS and Infrastucture and Railway system.

Procurement Background:
Purchased equipment and construction supplies like pipes, fittings, wires, cable wireways and other materials related to construction.
Imports uequipment like generators and pumps.

Looking forward to your answers and insights! Have a great day :)

Regards,

Zah

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
Zah,

Welcome.

What documentation does your organization have that describes the Procurement Department. However, it's best to audit business processes rather than departments. Your organization may have a process flow, turtle diagram or a list of the processes and how it functions in the business. It is best to base your questions on that.

Without looking at your processes I would ask...

• How are suppliers assessed for competence/conformance to requirements?
  • How are suppliers chosen? What methods? Who?
  • How are orders given to suppliers?
  • Are suppliers categorised on risk? If so, how are they determined? If they are not, is that appropriate?
  • Are some suppliers supplying the same equipment/service? If so, why?
  • Are any suppliers providing poor quality equipment/service? If so, why? What is being done to improve the situation? How is the information being used to improve supplier selection, monitoring, design of equipment/service?

I hope this helps.

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
You're in the right place to ask for help. Auditing is not easy, it isn't for everyone and it can be quite thankless at times.

Getting the right outputs from internal auditing I find very difficult so I wish you the very best.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Quality Plan template for Engineering, Procurement and Construction Business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
John Broomfield Design and Construction wiki Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
A Construction of an ISO 8 Clean Room - ISO 14644-1 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
A Specific processes - Construction management field Service Industry Specific Topics 2
I Document templates required for ISO ISO 45001 - Engineering Construction company Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
R Extension of product nonconformances - Construction project Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
S CE ETA (A2) Audit - CE mark for the european construction market CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
R Process Mapping a Civil Infrastructure Construction company Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
D Production Strategy in Construction & Heavy Industries Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
G Heavy Civil Construction Company Implementing ISO 9001:2015 for Certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
I How to implement ISO 9001:2015 for Construction Field ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
W NCR Performance KPI Monitoring in an Industry like Construction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
J CFDA issues Guiding Opinions on Enhancing the Construction of Food and Drug Inspectio China Medical Device Regulations 1
N Nonconformances in the Construction Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
O CE TCF (Technical Construction File) Template for LVD/EMC/Pressure Directive CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
S Declaration of Performance/CE - M10 Fittings (Construction) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R Please help with the construction of OC curves Using Minitab Software 7
M Large Construction Project Quality Plan - ISO 9001-2008 using ISO 10006 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
P Bad communication in construction projects are probably the biggest generators Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
V CMM plane construction method types and accuracy differences for measuring Pos Tol Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S Data for Analysis - Construction Industry Table of Data for Analysis ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P What do you think is the most common root cause of NCRs in a construction project? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P What is ?Quality? in a Construction Project? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
Hershal Road construction frustration while driving Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
P What can go wrong in a Construction Project - NCRs in Construction Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
S Implementing ISO 14001 in a Construction company ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
W Construction Contingency Refund? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Introducing ISO 9001:2008 in a Concrete and Construction Material Laboratory ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
M ISO 9001 Construction Registration without Current Projects ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T Difference between the terms Function & Process when used in Construction Management Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 12
M Sample Technical Construction File for Machinery Directive CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
J Document Control Procedure for the Construction Industry - Help Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D Seeking material on the Construction Process in IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
C CE Mark Technical Construction File for LVD (LED Luminaire) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
K What is an Inspection and Test Plan? Construction Project Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
C Notified Body MDD Technical Audit of our Technical Construction File EU Medical Device Regulations 2
jkuil Hygiene Control during Maintenance and Construction Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 6
N Benefits of having an EDMS in a Construction Company Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M EU CE Mark Construction Products Regulation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Information on Marciano Chart Construction APQP and PPAP 3
T Quality Management Sytems in the Construction Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
E Internal Audit for Project Management Team - Construction Industry Internal Auditing 8
S Design Code of Construction for Chlorine Tank Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
K ISO 31000 - Implementing Risk Management in the Construction Industry? Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 5
M Managing Quality Risks in Construction Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
T What to expect during a Construction Company OHSAS 18001 Site Audit? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
S Cost Surrounding Cleanroom Construction Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S Applying HAZOP and FMEA methods for HSE Hazard Identification in Construction Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
E Checklist for Construction Contractor Audit wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17