IAB and ANAB - Differences between these accreditation schemes?

M

Mr Niceguy

ps: I should have said the UK government recognises any AB in the IAF/ILAC mutual recognition agreements.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Not to
IAB and ANAB - Differences between these accreditation schemes?
, but Verisys's Certificate of Accreditation states that they are accredited to issue certificates to ISO 14000 and AS9001. ISO 14000 is not an auditable standard and AS9001 does not exist.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
From Great Western's website:

Please be aware that LT-Spedition of London, UK, is not registered by GWR and has used the GWR trademark and ANAB accreditation mark on a registration certificate inappropriately and without authorization. GWR found that LT-Spedition copied the signature of the principal manager of GWR without permission and tried to offer the certificate to one of their customers as authentic. ANAB contacted this organization and informed them that it is prohibited from using ANAB's mark and has demanded that it immediately refrain from doing so and from making any other misrepresentations regarding accreditation by ANAB.

A

Aerospace Man

I am familiar with Verysis and the IAB accreditation scheme they are supposedly a part of. The IAB website lists no other names of who is accredited under their program, nor does it tell of how they maintain the accreditation they follow. I had inquired to find out who else is approved by them a few weeks ago and they never got back to me.

Verisys claims to do auditing and consulting so as to give the client the value of what an auditor views in other companies. It is hard to be independent when you are telling people how to fix issues (where is the ability for the audited company to do that for themselves). Maybe they spend extra time onsite due to this (which will cost someone extra money).

They also do not do re-registration audits, only a continual surveillance scheme which provides no value to a system that within 3 years could have changed a lot.

Strangely enough, the IAB site and the Verisys site have the same initial IP address portions, which seems to mean they are based in the same area.

This is what I have gathered about it. Does anyone have anything else to add?

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
I am familiar with Verysis and the IAB accreditation scheme they are supposedly a part of. The IAB website lists no other names of who is accredited under their program, nor does it tell of how they maintain the accreditation they follow. I had inquired to find out who else is approved by them a few weeks ago and they never got back to me.

Verisys claims to do auditing and consulting so as to give the client the value of what an auditor views in other companies. It is hard to be independent when you are telling people how to fix issues (where is the ability for the audited company to do that for themselves). Maybe they spend extra time onsite due to this (which will cost someone extra money).

They also do not do re-registration audits, only a continual surveillance scheme which provides no value to a system that within 3 years could have changed a lot.

Strangely enough, the IAB site and the Verisys site have the same initial IP address portions, which seems to mean they are based in the same area.

This is what I have gathered about it. Does anyone have anything else to add?

Apparently you have provided more information then I could gather. So, I really can't add anything else. But the IP address is interesting.

Thanks for the information.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Well, Verisys was supposed to correct certificates mistakenly issued with the ANAB logo.

One of their clients still displays a certificate with ANAB's logo on it.
Check it out!

Quality Digest said:
https://www.qualitydigest.com/sept06/news.shtml#4
Bob King, ANAB president, reports that it was notified of the issue by another registrar in July. ANAB gets several complaints about unauthorized uses of its logo per year, and most of them are honest mistakes.
"I don't think this was malicious in any way," King says. "Sometimes we get complaints where the registrar is trying to get away with something, but that's mostly the exception to the rule. This appears to be an honest error, and they corrected it right away."

Last edited:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I find interesting that, a couple of months later, an organization STILL displays an ISO 9001 certificate with the ANAB logo blatantly displayed, after we were told that it was an honest mistake and the parties involved promptly corrected the mistakes. I have personally informed ANAB that the offending certificate was publicly available.

Yesterday in this press release it is stated that ANAB performed the certification audit of the US branch of an automotive manufacturer. Which has to be a mistake, since ANAB is not a Certification Body.

On another thread, we still can find the link to an image on an ISO 9002:2000 and QS-9000:2000 certificates with the UKAS logo.

Sometimes I wonder how forceful the Accreditation Bodies are... Are they really policing the market?

AndyN

Moved On
I don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but has anyone taken a look at the postings on the 'AutoChannel'............???:notme:

Andy

BTW - not only wouldn't I trust the IAB, but this type of situation is now pervading the lab accreditation world too. See the ILAA website.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom