IAB and ANAB - Differences between these accreditation schemes?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Hello Sidney,

This was a response/article that I found when "googling":
https://www.qsuonline.com/BodyPages/Enews/QSUCurrent5/EJV13I5QSU6.html

If this link is posted somewhere before, I apologize....

Stijloor.
Please have a look in post #27 of this thread, including the hyperlinked article from QD. "Honest mistake"?!?!!?!?:mg: A year later the certificate is still posted in the certified organization's website. "Honest mistake"??!?!?! :mad:Does anyone in this forum think that the usage of the ANAB and IRCA logos in the certificate in question are "honest mistakes"? Let's be serious. And why is ANAB incapable of pulling the certificate from the organization's website?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Please have a look in post #27 of this thread, including the hyperlinked article from QD. "Honest mistake"?!?!!?!?:mg: A year later the certificate is still posted in the certified organization's website. "Honest mistake"??!?!?! :mad:Does anyone in this forum think that the usage of the ANAB and IRCA logos in the certificate in question are "honest mistakes"? Let's be serious. And why is ANAB incapable of pulling the certificate from the organization's website?

Hi Sidney,

Thank you for your excellent points!! I surely sensed your frustration. I hope that I did not imply that this was an "honest mistake." I am just as disgusted as you are. However, what can be done? If ANAB or other Accreditation Bodies do not (or are unwilling) to take action, who can, or who will?

Stijloor.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
ANAB Trademark Lawsuit Still in Dispute
From ANAB's website:
Court Rules in Favor of ANAB
The U. S. District Court of Massachusetts has ruled in ANAB's favor in a summary judgment against American Global Standards (AGS). The court found that AGS had used the accreditation mark of the ANSI-RAB National Accreditation Program (ANSI-RAB NAP, the predecessor of ANAB) without permission to deceive customers into believing that AGS was still accredited by ANAB (the ANSI-RAB NAP). The court further ruled that ANAB had not interfered in the conduct of AGS's business.

Last edited:

56flh

I thought I'd put an update here to answer the question that Turk posted a while back.

After researching the registrar question for quite a bit of time, we made the switch to Verisys as our registrar. I noted, in my search, that several well known corporations had made the switch to Verisys and when I inquired why they had changed registrars, they cited the same observations that I had about registrars and auditors. The auditor that visited our company for the ANAB registrar we used did an excellent job and was very knowledgeable about the ISO 9001 standard. I have that same auditor visiting now for Verisys. For me, it came down to a piece of paper does not determine the quality of our business system; the hard work that we put into it to maintain it to the ISO standard and a good auditor who verifies that we continue our high standards is the key.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
.... I have that same auditor visiting now for Verisys. For me, it came down to a piece of paper does not determine the quality of our business system; the hard work that we put into it to maintain it to the ISO standard and a good auditor who verifies that we continue our high standards is the key.

When it is all said and done, it always boils down to that final line...

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I thought I'd put an update here to answer the question that Turk posted a while back.

After researching the registrar question for quite a bit of time, we made the switch to Verisys as our registrar. I noted, in my search, that several well known corporations had made the switch to Verisys and when I inquired why they had changed registrars, they cited the same observations that I had about registrars and auditors. The auditor that visited our company for the ANAB registrar we used did an excellent job and was very knowledgeable about the ISO 9001 standard. I have that same auditor visiting now for Verisys. For me, it came down to a piece of paper does not determine the quality of our business system; the hard work that we put into it to maintain it to the ISO standard and a good auditor who verifies that we continue our high standards is the key.
I don't disagree with your statement, but let me ask you this:
Why don't you, instead of hiring Verisys (or any other CB), who sends you the same auditor that you had for your ANAB accredited CB, hires the auditor directly? Between the two of you, I am sure you can come up with a fancy piece of paper with the words ISO 9001 certificate on top.

Without a middle man, your organization can save some money and the external auditor can make an extra profit, making the mutually beneficial relationship even more beneficial. Comments?

I know many people question the value of accreditation. It is a fair question, but June 9th is the International Accreditation Day
IAB and ANAB - Differences between these accreditation schemes?

Top Bottom