Interesting Discussion IAF CertSearch Database - Repository of "properly" Accredited Management System Certs

Did your organization receive an invite to be listed in the IAF Certsearch database?

• Yes, and we want to be listed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but we don't want to be listed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but we want to be listed

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No and we don't care

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Database? what database?

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
And the latest news @ Contract Signed for IAF Database

Contract Signed for IAF Database

01 May 2018 saw a significant step forward with the signing of the contract between the IAF Database LLC and the database provider Quality Trade.

Since the IAF General Assembly approved the creation of the database of accredited management system certificates in October 2017, the IAF Database Management Committee (DMC) has been in negotiation with Quality Trade to develop a contract that serves the needs of IAF, its accreditation body members, certification bodies accredited by IAF members, and their certified entities.

The guiding principles for this contract have always been the 14 principles developed with consultation with all IAF members. One of the fundamental principles has been the delivery of a self-funding database. This will be achieved by the development of the IAF database and linked to it, the invitation to all accredited certified entities to have their details on the voluntary Quality Trade Marketplace.

The Marketplace is exclusive to certified entities who hold a valid management system certificate from a certification body accredited by an IAF member AB.

IAF DMC Chair Randy Dougherty states, ‘The IAF database will provide the most significant manifestation of accredited management system certification ever seen. It will help all stakeholders check the authenticity of an organisation’s certificate’.

Quality Trade Managing Director Nigel Johnston adds, ‘Not only is the IAF database a game-changer, but the link to the MarketPlace will provide significant added value to certified entities from their accredited certification – a new way to increase their visibility and trade’.

The IAF DMC and Quality Trade will now continue their close collaboration as the IAF database and the link to the Marketplace are developed. The aim is to share with the IAF General Assembly in October 2018 the beta version of the database before fully launching it in 2019.

IAF will continue to communicate with its accreditation body members, so they can keep their accredited certification bodies informed and the CBs in turn can keep their certified entities up-to-date with this exciting development.

As work progresses on the database’s development, further information will be shared with IAF members for them to share with their stakeholders such as their accredited CBs.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
A recent communique from ANAB concerning the upcoming IAF database is available in the attachment.

Attachments

• ANAB-Notification-to-CBs-20180907.pdf
    158.7 KB · Views: 265

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
UKAS website has a dedicated page now promoting the IAF CertSearch database and it is accessible @ UKAS : IAF CertSearch

The page contains a few documents, mainly targeting the CB's, but with one flyer relevant to registrants and I am attaching it to this message. A dedicated YouTube channel with educational videos for CB's has also been created.

Attachments

• IAFCertSearch_Brochure_CE.pdf
    577.9 KB · Views: 164

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
There have been some webinars directed to Accreditation Bodies and they are recorded in their YouTube channel:

The database will be available @ IAF CertSearch and according to the timeline provided in the webinar, the database will go live on May 16th, 2019.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
According to the timeline informed during the webinars, certified organizations should have received the invites/communications that they can be listed in the IAF certsearch database, by now. Has anyone here, working for a certified organization received such invite?

IAFCS.JPG

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Added a poll to the discussion, as I am interested to know if organizations want to be listed in this database.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Well, apparently the database went "live", but not many of the mainstream CB's have uploaded their data yet. More and more, this is looking like an attempt to monetize the data, in my opinion. And, without massive support of the main players involved, it is doomed to gain relevance.

Over 10 years ago, I had given the formula for a successful database here. But what do I know? :naughty:

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
I tried it. It looks like the database still doesn't have anywhere close to the 1,650,000 certificates that it claims to have. I checked one random company and, according to the database, they have valid ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 9001:2015 certificates.

1559944923275.png

Top Bottom