Can YOU help? --> Unanswered questions <-- (Other than Marcelo's Informational posts)

IAF CertSearch Database - Repository of (properly) Accredited Management System Certs

Did your organization receive an invite to be listed in the IAF Certsearch database?

• Yes, and we want to be listed

• Yes, but we don't want to be listed

• No, but we want to be listed

• No and we don't care

• Database? what database?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Added a poll to the discussion, as I am interested to know if organizations want to be listed in this database.
Apparently nobody here at The Cove has received the notification about the database, judging by the lack of responses to the poll. I also would like to point out that people might start confusing the actual certificates issued by the CB's and the message from the database that states "this certifies...." The database does not certify anything; the database should basically confirm the validity status of a certificate issued by CB's. And, like @jmech did, I randomly checked the validity status of an organization and, ironically, the IAF database shows ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certificates as VALID. Think about the irony. The IAF who made it ABUNDANTLY clear that certificates issued to the 2008 edition of ISO 9001 and 2004 edition of ISO 14001 would cease to be valid on September 16, 2018, has a database showing invalid certificates as VALID.

IAF Hindustan.JPG

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Data - Garbage in, garbage out.

I have no idea what the eventual outcome will be, but the delays speak volumes.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
I agree, Marc. The failed launch speaks volumes about the ineptitude of the people involved. This type of database should be a welcomed mandate to promote integrity and accountability in the management system accredited certification business, just like the IAQG OASIS database is THE CORNERSTONE and most critical piece of the Aerospace ICOP Scheme.

Unfortunately, the lack of vision and leadership by the involved parties and the greed of a few who want to monetize this database means that, once again, this is going to be a major blunder, a fiasco.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I can't predict what will eventually happen, but it is definitely not looking good.

Part of the problem becomes they get people excited about it, but failure after failure makes people lose interest (and trust).

Top Bottom