IAQG - International Aerospace Quality Group

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
For those of you who might be interested in what is going on in the Aerospace Sector, as it relates to the developments and flow down of the AS standards, please note that the IAQG website has a lot of useful information, especially past presentations and minutes.
Check http://www.iaqg.sae.org/iaqg/
It is refreshing to see OEMs representing a major industry sector being so open about their common strategies.

D

Don Palmer

Aerospace Standards Web Link

Sidney,

Thanks for sharing the link. This website certainly helps one get an overview of the BIG PICTURE. I'll be spending some (quality) time looking things over here. I find the Published Standards link most valuable at the moment. Again, Thanks! :)

D

Don Palmer

International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG)

Sidney Vianna said:
For those of you who might be interested in what is going on in the Aerospace Sector, as it relates to the developments and flow down of the AS standards, please note that the IAQG website has a lot of useful information, especially past presentations and minutes.
Check http://www.iaqg.sae.org/iaqg/
It is refreshing to see OEMs representing a major industry sector being so open about their common strategies.

I've been browsing the IAQG website since this link was posted, and find the presentations of special interest. I hope to eventually read all that is contained within this sight.

My head having been buried in FAA/EASA Part 145 (sand) for so long, it is a bit refreshing to get a glimpse of the new (BIG) picture.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: IAQG - International Aerospace Quality Group - For what is going on in Aerospace

The newly re-designed IAQG website is available now.

I

ISO 9001 Guy

Re: IAQG - International Aerospace Quality Group - For what is going on in Aerospace

Let's hope the aerospace community can promote the process approach with AS9101D. Kudos to the authors of AS9101D for so firmly endorsing the process approach. From what I've seen of the audit tools, they look pretty good. I hope AS auditors succeed in promoting the process approach, and I also hope good guidance is provided for understanding how the requirements are sensibly applied depending upon the technological context of the audit. Fingers crossed!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Dear OASIS User,
This email is being sent to you because you are registered as a customer in the IAQG Online Aerospace Supplier Information System (OASIS): www.iaqg.org/oasis
The International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) is a cooperative global organization of aviation, space and defense related companies committed to achieving significant performance improvements through the development of standards, industry oversight and guidance materials for use throughout the supply chain.
The IAQG will be holding a General Assembly Forum on April 16, 2010 in Washington D.C. The General Assembly Forum is a communication forum for the worldwide aviation, space and defense community where goals, objectives, and initiatives of the IAQG are presented, and attendees are encouraged to provide input to the IAQG on priorities and objectives.

Suppliers attending the General Assembly Forum
  • Learn of the latest initiatives being developed and implemented by the IAQG
  • Gain knowledge of ways to reduce cost through standardization of quality policies and practices
  • Network with key personnel from aviation, space and defense companies who participate in the IAQG
  • Provide the IAQG with a perspective from the Supply Chain
  • Engage with a number of leading edge companies who are providing goods and services to the aerospace industry through the IAQG Performance Excellence Marketplace (PEM)
A preliminary agenda for the General Assembly Forum is now available.
You are invited to attend this event in Washington D.C. on April 16, 2010*.
Sincerely,
The International Aerospace Quality Group

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
The IAQG released it's Strategic Plan and Pace of Progress 2017

One of the interesting metrics in the document is number of IAQG member companies that require AS91XX certification of it's suppliers. According to the document, the goal for 2017 is that more than 70% of the IAQG member companies should contractually require QMS certification. 70%:mg:? I remember attending AAQG meetings in the period 2001-2013 and we talked about the goal of over 90%.

Apparently some IAQG member companies don't believe in the concept of demanding QMS certification of suppliers. Why is that? Rhetorical question, as I know the answer...but it is somewhat telling they have not been able to reach 100% after all these years...

I remember back when there were talks of a potential 30,000 certified suppliers in OASIS. As of today, there are less than 20,000. Just as a comparison, in the Automotive Value Chain, there are close to 65,000 suppliers certified to the 16949 Standard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom