IATF 16949 9.2.2.3 - Manufacturing process audits

Hendor

Involved In Discussions
Hi everyone,

My plan is to reduce the number of audits that are scheduled. I share a little of my current situation and some doubts.

Our bussines is metal stamping, molding and spot welding assemblies, for example we have 20 presses, 10 molding equipment and 25 welding cells. in total 55 work center (That is, I have 3 different manufacturing processes: Stamping, Molding, Welding).

My internal audit program (annual) for 9.2.2.3 manufacturing process audits. The programming and audit is by work center; that is to say, to the year they are 55 audits to the year (one for each press, molding equipment and welding cell) * In some cases the frequency is higher due to performance, risks, criticality, etc.).

My goal is to make this audit program light. In 9.2.2.3 The requirement as I understand it is to audit all the manufacturing processes, (and we have 3: Stamping, Molding, Welding).

Using this criteria can be 3 audits per year, one to each process. (They could be more in agreement with the risks, performance, etc).

From all this I have come some doubts that within the main ones are:

Is there a requirement that you are omitting me? (without thinking about CSR)

♦ How could a good sampling plan be applied? I have in mind something similar to this:
Stamping
2019 - Sample includes: Press # 1, # 3, # 5, # 8, # 10, # 15, # 20
2020 - Sample includes: Press # 2, # 4, # 9, # 13, # 15, # 19
2021 - Sample includes: Press # 6, # 7, # 11, # 14, # 18

♦ Taking this as an example: Should I include all work centers in the 3 year period?

I would appreciate your comments and apotaciones.
regards

QChas

Involved - Posts
Hi everyone,

My plan is to reduce the number of audits that are scheduled. I share a little of my current situation and some doubts.

Our bussines is metal stamping, molding and spot welding assemblies, for example we have 20 presses, 10 molding equipment and 25 welding cells. in total 55 work center (That is, I have 3 different manufacturing processes: Stamping, Molding, Welding).

My internal audit program (annual) for 9.2.2.3 manufacturing process audits. The programming and audit is by work center; that is to say, to the year they are 55 audits to the year (one for each press, molding equipment and welding cell) * In some cases the frequency is higher due to performance, risks, criticality, etc.).

My goal is to make this audit program light. In 9.2.2.3 The requirement as I understand it is to audit all the manufacturing processes, (and we have 3: Stamping, Molding, Welding).

Using this criteria can be 3 audits per year, one to each process. (They could be more in agreement with the risks, performance, etc).

From all this I have come some doubts that within the main ones are:

Is there a requirement that you are omitting me? (without thinking about CSR)

♦ How could a good sampling plan be applied? I have in mind something similar to this:
Stamping
2019 - Sample includes: Press # 1, # 3, # 5, # 8, # 10, # 15, # 20
2020 - Sample includes: Press # 2, # 4, # 9, # 13, # 15, # 19
2021 - Sample includes: Press # 6, # 7, # 11, # 14, # 18

♦ Taking this as an example: Should I include all work centers in the 3 year period?

I would appreciate your comments and apotaciones.
regards
As an ISO Injection Molder with 28 presses, when we audit the injection molding process we look at a sample from machines (maybe 5 different presses). We do not audit all 28 presses. I also am interested in the response since we are in the preliminary stages of looking at IATF16949. Will we need to do 28 audits vs the sample of 5 for this process?

Pjservan

Involved In Discussions
Your manufacturing processes need to include all the steps that are called out in your Control Plan, so you need to take that into account. THere is no requirement to audit all work stations but all processes within a 3 year schedule. Your plan ought to be design around the complexity, performance, risk, etc and customer requirements, of course.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Following on Pservan. You can split your manufacturing audits into two types. What you have laid out is a good general manufacturing audit based on each work center to ensure each work center is doing the basics they are required -- everything is identified, paperwork filled out, etc. You an also do "manufacturing process audits" which will essentially follow a part thru Stamping, molding and welding (or whatever processes the parts go thru). There, you can pick a few parts per customer and audit those to the control plan. You'll pick up and customer specific issues that way as well. Good luck.

KimGr

Involved In Discussions
Don't forget to make it clear in your audit reports you audited effective implementation of the process risk (PFMEA).

Rahul26692

Starting to get Involved
I have come across a NC regarding laboratory personnel after testing material in our inhouse laboratory have not signed his testing report.

after asking i have found that he have just taken print outs and filed without signing .

So what should i give root cause, corrective action and preventive action for this ? please suggest

KimGr

Involved In Discussions
I have come across a NC regarding laboratory personnel after testing material in our inhouse laboratory have not signed his testing report.

after asking i have found that he have just taken print outs and filed without signing .

So what should i give root cause, corrective action and preventive action for this ? please suggest

You have to figure out why he was just doing it that way (or didn't know he shouldn't) and what in your system allowed it to happen before you can figure out corrective action. Is there a procedure or work instruction? Is it trained?

Rahul26692

Starting to get Involved
You have to figure out why he was just doing it that way (or didn't know he shouldn't) and what in your system allowed it to happen before you can figure out corrective action. Is there a procedure or work instruction? Is it trained?

Yes he is trained even though he has not done in that way. Procedure and WI are present but there is absence of signing authority after Report has been made.

Rahul26692

Starting to get Involved

Thanks for the reply

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Advice for the future: Rather than asking a question in a thread that's only peripherally related to your topic, you should start a new thread.

What you seem to be saying is that when asked why an unsigned report was filed, the person responded that an unsigned report was filed. That doesn't seem like an appropriate response to me. Some questions you might want to ask:
  • Before engaging in full-fledged CA, what are the risks involved? Is a simple correction all that's needed?
  • Are hand signatures really necessary? Is there a simpler way to indicate on the reports who the person was who did the testing?
  • Is it necessary to retain paper copies of test reports?

Top Bottom