IATF 16949 - Buy PDF copy

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Spelling errors?
Oh yes - OCR isn't perfect. I have a duplex scanner (HP Scanjet 5590) which is - Well, I don't know how old but it's ancient. It has an OCR output "function", in addition to scan to .pdf (and a number of other formats like scan to .jpg).

I don't know how good this one is but there are always a number of "errors" in the output. I seriously doubt OCR is a whole lot better these days but it's not worth it to me to replace the scanner (they usually come with OCR software).

I did what jack770214 did for years - Scan to .pdf and/or OCR output (usually both) so I could stop carrying a "carry-on" to check through which was loaded with paper copies like I did in the 1990's. Heavy and a PIT:ca: , but needed to have copies of a lot of standards with me.

It's one of those things that to some people, like me, who really want a .txt copy of various standards/regulations/misc. documents is invaluable. OCR takes some time to "cleanup", but it's worth it.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
@Beth Osborne Please see the "Welcome Conversation" you got. I will put in a "live link" if you give me the basic link, with the parts separated by spaces.

Top Bottom