IATF 16949 Cl. 7.5.1.1 d - Customer Requirements - How are people addressing?

jfriess

Involved In Discussions
Under quality management system requirements,"d" states a document (matrix) indicating where within the organization's quality management system their customer requirements are addressed. My question is how are people addressing this? Just a reference to customer requirements or a correlation matrix... Or something I haven't thought of...

QualityTaz

Registered
Last week on Friday IATF put out some Sanctioned Interpretations see Item #5 they do not require a matrix it can be a table or a list indicating where within your organization customer specific requirements are address. Example: You could create a list of all your customer with hyperlinks to each of the customer specific requirements. You also should be aware they also released revision 4 of the transition strategy document.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Last week on Friday IATF put out some Sanctioned Interpretations see Item #5 they do not require a matrix it can be a table or a list indicating where within your organization customer specific requirements are address. Example: You could create a list of all your customer with hyperlinks to each of the customer specific requirements. You also should be aware they also released revision 4 of the transition strategy document.

Thanks for the heads-up. Here are direct links to the new documents:

IATF 16949:2016 Sanctioned Interpretations #1-9 (SIs)

IATF 16949 Transition Strategy and Requirements REV04

howste

Thaumaturge
Those aren't "interpretations." They are flat out changes. Just more evidence that they rushed this thing thru.
I have to say that I agree. You can't use the published standard now without crossing out existing text and adding the new text from the "interpretations." :rolleyes:

Scanton

Quite Involved in Discussions
Just to pop this one back on topic, although I have to say thank you for venturing off as this is very interesting indeed and makes me wonder what exactly I will be audited against a year from now.

Our auditor was looking for something similar to the file attached, I suppose it makes is easy to find what you need during an audit is regards to the standard, our documented QMS and the CSR's.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts and seeing how other people managed the relationship between their QMS and the CSR's.

Attachments

• CSR Matrix - Issue 2.xlsx
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,636
B

Blaest

Is there any requirements regarding the implemenations of QMS CSR?

Clause 7.5.3.3 mention '10 working days' but in relation to engineering standards/specifications and that is for the review, not the implementation.

howste

Thaumaturge
Is there any requirements regarding the implemenations of QMS CSR?

Clause 7.5.3.3 mention '10 working days' but in relation to engineering standards/specifications and that is for the review, not the implementation.

There is no timing for implementation of CSRs mentioned in IATF 16949. Some CSRs have an "effective date" on them, so the customer expects implementation by that date.

Realistically at the time of any IATF audit, the auditors would expect to see evidence of implementation of any new requirements, evidence that internal auditors (and second-party auditors) have an understanding of the changes. Also having evidence that the implemented changes have been audited would be a good idea.

If you look at new CSRs the week before the audit it's probably too late to get all this done. It should be an ongoing process to review and implement CSR changes in a timely manner.

Golfman25

Just to pop this one back on topic, although I have to say thank you for venturing off as this is very interesting indeed and makes me wonder what exactly I will be audited against a year from now.

Our auditor was looking for something similar to the file attached, I suppose it makes is easy to find what you need during an audit is regards to the standard, our documented QMS and the CSR's.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts and seeing how other people managed the relationship between their QMS and the CSR's.

That's actually a bit complicated. I would only be interested in the CSRs which change our obligations under the standard. For example, it seems every customer has their own twist on PPAP. So starting with the light blue section is fine, but then I would just highlight where the customer requirements differs from the standard.

Top Bottom