IATF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.2 - Country of Receipt - The provider's or supplier's country?

morteza

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all

In clause 8.4.2.2, IATF 16949 states:

The organization shall document their process to ensure that purchased products, processes, and services conform to the current applicable statutory and regulatory requirements in the country of receipt, the country of shipment, and the customer-identified country of destination, if provided.

I have some problem in understanding the countries which their regulations shall be considered during purchasing.

1- Which country would be the country of receipt? The provider's (or supplier's) country or the other country?

2- Why the organization country have not been included in this clause?

3- What is the meaning of "if provided"? Does it mean that if the related countries did not provided their regulations after organization request, the organization can do nothing?

Thanks all

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: 8.4.2.2 country of receipt: what does it mean?

The organization shall document their process to ensure that purchased products, processes, and services conform to the current applicable statutory and regulatory requirements in the country of receipt, the country of shipment, and the customer-identified country of destination, if provided.

I have some problem in understanding the countries which their regulations shall be considered during purchasing.
An automotive supplier in China (country of shipment) ships parts to a customer assembly plant in Germany (country of receipt) that assembles cars destined to the USA (country of destination).

morteza

Re: 8.4.2.2 country of receipt: what does it mean?

An automotive supplier in China (country of shipment) ships parts to a customer assembly plant in Germany (country of receipt) that assembles cars destined to the USA (country of destination).

Thanks for your excellent answer, Sidney.
Does "if provided" mean "if those countries have regulatory requirements"?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: ITAF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.2 - Country of Receipt - The provider's or supplier's countr

The customer might not disclose to the supplier the end destination of the vehicles. "If provided" refers to if the customer tells the supplier where the products will eventually be used at.

morteza

Re: ITAF 16949 Cl. 8.4.2.2 - Country of Receipt - The provider's or supplier's countr

The customer might not disclose to the supplier the end destination of the vehicles. "If provided" refers to if the customer tells the supplier where the products will eventually be used at.

Hi Sidney

If I would understand your answer correctly, the term "if provided" refer only to "the customer-identified country of destination" not other countries such as country of shipment. Is it right?

My another question is that:

Who are "the countries where they are manufactured" in clause 8.6.5? The countries of receipt (which I think the country of receipt is the country of the organization), or the country of shipment (which I think it is the country of the supplier)?

In the mentioned clause the IATF states:
Prior to release of externally provided products into its production flow, the organization shall confirm and be able to provide evidence that externally provided processes, products, and services conform to the latest applicable statutory, regulatory, and other requirements in the countries where they are manufactured and in the customer-identified countries of destination, if provided.

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom