IATF 16949 Cl 8.5.1.3 - Verification of job set up

C

Christophe81

Hi
I would like to ask about the clause 8.5.1.3 of standard, "verification of job setups", in which there is a subsection:
"perform first off/last off part validation, as applicable; where appropriate first off parts should be retained for comparison with the last off parts...".
Does the above point mean that the first-off (master part) should be kept in the visible place available for operator until the end of production order so that it can be compared with the last part? Is it enough if the operator compares the records from the first-piece inspection with the records of the last part inspection, and the first piece can be packed in the carton with the rest of the production after the inspection? - I am talking about a situation when products are traced with level 1, and I am able to find the first piece at every moment of production.
What exactly does the word "retained" mean in this case?
I would be grateful for help.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I think it is up to you. We keep the first/last samples in our quality lab. That way we have a comparison for the next run. When the box fills up, we dispose of the older samples. If your comfortable only keeping documentation of the first/last part, that could probably work.

C

Christophe81

Hi,
This is my thinking that plant quality responsible must decide if this first-off/last-off part must be retained during complete batch production or not.
For me, better solution is to put this first part into first container, because we have traceability system that trace each part to which container it was booked. So if I retain part on station it will not be packed to container which tracing system thinks it should belong to.

Sebastian

Keeping first part make sense where there is something sample can only tell, e.g scratches from stamping. Other aspects, measurement/test report can say. Keeping sample to measure it, can indicate there is something wrong with measurement reliability.

morteza

Hi

1- Keeping first-off part is not a requirement (first-off parts should be retained ...)

2- Some CSRs such as PSA has the requirement of keeping first-off part.

So, if there is no CSR, it is not an IATF 16949 requirement for keeping first parts.

Top Bottom