IATF 16949 Clause 8.3.3.3 - Documentation of all Special Characteristics in Drawings

suseyg

Registered
Hi guys,
Can anybody clarify a query I have on clause 8.3.3.3 a) The clause states "documentaton of all special characteristics in the drawings (as required),...........
What does "as required" mean? Required by whom or what? We do record the special characteristics on all the documentation i.e. W.I. FMEA, Flow, Control Plan but not on the drawings. Not sure now how to define those words "as required"
Would be grateful for your thoughts.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: IATF 16949 Clause 8.3.3.3 - Documentation of all Special Characteristics in Drawi

Hi guys,
Can anybody clarify a query I have on clause 8.3.3.3 a) The clause states "documentation of all special characteristics in the drawings (as required),...........
What does "as required" mean? Required by whom or what? We do record the special characteristics on all the documentation i.e. W.I. FMEA, Flow, Control Plan but not on the drawings. Not sure now how to define those words "as required"

These would be the Special Characteristics identified by the customer on their engineering drawings and technical specifications. So, if no special characteristics are identified, then they do not apply. However, be cautioned that the Customer can change a drawing at any time.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Re: IATF 16949 Clause 8.3.3.3 - Documentation of all Special Characteristics in Drawi

Hi guys,
Can anybody clarify a query I have on clause 8.3.3.3 a) The clause states "documentaton of all special characteristics in the drawings (as required),...........

You probably need to read the whole section. I don't have it handy, but 8.3 deals with product design. It seems they are talking about documenting special characteristics identified during product design. But in true IATF fashion they also commingled manufacturing process design, so it can get confusing.

Top Bottom