IATF 16949 Clause 8.5.1.6 a) maintenance and repair facilities - Production tooling management and personnel

Rahul26692

Starting to get Involved
8.5.1.6 Management of production tooling and manufacturing, test, inspection
tooling and equipment

The organization shall establish and implement a system for production tooling
management, whether owned by the organization or the customer, including:

a) maintenance and repair facilities and personnel;

What does the point a exactly means what documents need to be prepare for the point a

Rahul26692

Starting to get Involved
Yes absolutely right, but can you do pls explain what type of document or data need to compile for

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Yes absolutely right, but can you do pls explain what type of document or data need to compile for

You don't need to maintain any document specifying whether you've identified this. You'll be asked by how you maintain the tools? Whether you do it internally or it is outsourced. Accordingly, you'll need to maintain the necessary documentation. Eg. If you are doing tool maintenance inhouse, you'll need to maintain a list of tools, preventive maintenance records, breakdown maintenance records, tool history cards, etc.

If tool maintenance is outsourced, you'll have to document it in the process map.

SREEDHARA HN

Starting to get Involved
Which clause is applicable for Perishable tools? I have a case where the operator has not changed the perishable tool (cutting tool) as per the schedule. Which clause should I consider for Non-conformance.

Last edited:

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Which clause is applicable for Perishable tools? I have a case where the operator has not changed the perishable tool (cutting tool) as per the schedule. Which clause should I consider for Non-conformance.
Good day @SREEDHARA HN ;
Remember, ....
1- The standard applies to the standard's requirements AND ".....the organization's OWN requirements
2- Internal auditing should focus on your organization's processes...and there is no requirement to identify a standard's clause as result of internal auditing reporting. (i..e a nonconformity can be written against your organization's own process and not be associated with a clause in any way).

8.5.1.6- d) describes a program for managing perishable tools.

Hope this helps.
Be well

Top Bottom