IATF 16949 Clause 9.3.2.1 - Management Review Inputs

bkirch

Involved In Discussions
With the new IATF 16949 standard, there are some new required inputs to management review meetings. For a few of these, I am struggling identifying information that we can use to meet the requirements. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The inputs that I am struggling with are:

Clause 9.3.2.1 (d) - Adequacy of resources
Clause 9.3.2.1 (e) - Assessments of manufacturing feasibility made for changes to existing operations and for new facilities or new product

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Re: IATF 9.3.2.1 (Management Reviews)

Adequacy of resources:

Resource requirements (if any) from process owners, related to man (Manpower requirement), machine(New machine / up-gradation requirement), method or material. This includes requirement of any kind of support from top management.

You should just record whether there was any resource requirement in Minutes of Management review. No need to have any document as a reference, you can just ask whether any resource is required (Need can generally arise whenever any action is planned in Mgt. review - since a resource might be required to complete the action).

Assessments of manufacturing feasibility made for changes to existing operations and for new facilities or new product:

Feasibility study records / results. These studies are generally performed prior to make any changes to existing condition/infrastructure / product / process to check whether the change is feasible (Possible) without affecting effective operation of current infrastructure / product / process, instead the change should help to improve. After that, if changes are feasible, then necessary changes are done. Resource requirement can also arise from this. Eg. A new machine / infrastructural changes might be required to make the changes successful.

The results of these feasibility studies should be reviewed in Management review, so that it can be further be decided whether to implement the change or not.

I hope it helps!

:2cents:

Thanks,
Amit

Top Bottom