IATF 16949: Definition Major/Minor Non-conformity

B

Blaest

Hi,

I have found different sources explaining what is a Major/Minor explanation, however in IATF 16949 I have not been able to find the definition.

Where would I find an "official" definition of Minor/Major non-comformity?

B

Blaest

Re: IATF 16949: Definition Major/Minor Non-conformtiy

This is my own best suggestion:

IATF 16949 Rules & Definitions

Major Non-Conformity

· The absence of or total breakdown of a system to meet and IATF 16949 requirement
· A number of minor non-conformities against one requirement can represent a total breakdown of the system and thus be considered a major non-conformity
· Any non-conformity that would result in the probable shipment of non-conforming products. A condition that may result in the failure or materially reduce the usability of the products or services for their intended purpose
· A non-compliance that judgment and experience indicate is likely to result in the failure of the quality management or to materially reduce its ability to ensure controlled processes and products

Minor Non-Conformity

· A failure to comply with IATF 16949 that, based on judgment and experience, is not likely to result in the failure of the quality management system or reduce its ability to ensure controlled processes or products. It may be one of the following:
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT]A failure in some part of the client’s quality management system relative to IATF 16949
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT]A single observed lapse in following on item of a company’s quality management system

Opportunity for Improvement

· A failure in some part of the client’s quality management system relative to IATF 16949
· A single observed lapse in following one item of a company’s quality management system

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: IATF 16949: Definition Major/Minor Non-conformtiy

Where would I find an "official" definition of Minor/Major non-comformity?

As it seems you've already discovered, the IATF "Rules" document contains the official definitions for IATF 16949.

B

Blaest

Not really, but maybe I found a source that did.

Would you have a link for that document? I was not able to google that.

B

Blaest

Thanks!

Is it correct understood that my posted definitions comply with what is stated in the book "IATF 16949 Rules for Certification Scheme" alse referrred to as "Rule 5th"?

ASHWINVK65

Registered
I conducted my first IATF 16949 internal audit, while auditing i found that the new cause for NON CONFIRMING part was not considered/reviewed in PFMEA, under what clause/rule can i raise NC

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
I conducted my first IATF 16949 internal audit, while auditing i found that the new cause for NON CONFIRMING part was not considered/reviewed in PFMEA, under what clause/rule can i raise NC

What do you mean by "new cause"?
You should first determine the applicable criteria (whether the procedure, instruction, clause, etc.). Then determine whether there is any gap between the criteria and actual practice, not the opposite.

Top Bottom