Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

IATF 16949 FAQ 24 (8.4.2.2 Countries of Destination) - How is this actually being interpreted?

I have seen the initial thread regarding the FAQ wording posted back in May 219.

Has anyone been externally audited in the past 6 months and is therefore able to shed any further information as to how external auditors are actually auditing/interpreting/enforcing this FAQ?

What do they REALLY expect in the way of evidence for the list of countries?

Bran

Starting to get Involved
I have sent a letter to my automotive customer contacts requesting a list of both countries of destination along with a listing of the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements that apply to our product in those countries of destination. Right or wrong, my intention was to make the request difficult for the customer so that they don't actually provide me the list. As far as I understand, I am compliant with the requirement, so long as no customers actually provide a list of countries of destination. (VERY MUCH open to thoughts on this)

So far no customers have responded. However, if any of them do respond with a only a listing of countries of destination (as is their requirement from the FAQ), I have no idea how to identify the statutory/regulatory requirements that apply to my product in those countries, or how to translate them, OR how to get notified when the requirements change in those random countries. This all would then need to be passed down my supply chain and be applied to verification of incoming product, being that this is 8.4.2.2 .....

Bran

Starting to get Involved
Sorry, realized I didn't actually address your original question. I was audited in the last 3 months and had a finding against 8.4.2.2 and addressed it by sending the letter stated in my first post.

The auditor was looking for our supplier's compliance to the statutory and regulatory requirements in customer-identified countries of destination in our receiving process. The evidence I provided to address this was:
  • Proof the letter was sent requesting customer-identified countries of destination
  • Evidence the PO wording was updated to include compliance to statutory and regulatory reqt's in the customer-identified countries of destination (plus countries of manufacture and countries of receipt)
  • Evidence the receiving process was updated to look for statutory and regulatory compliance

Sorry, realized I didn't actually address your original question. I was audited in the last 3 months and had a finding against 8.4.2.2 and addressed it by sending the letter stated in my first post.

The auditor was looking for our supplier's compliance to the statutory and regulatory requirements in customer-identified countries of destination in our receiving process. The evidence I provided to address this was:
  • Proof the letter was sent requesting customer-identified countries of destination
  • Evidence the PO wording was updated to include compliance to statutory and regulatory reqt's in the customer-identified countries of destination (plus countries of manufacture and countries of receipt)
  • Evidence the receiving process was updated to look for statutory and regulatory compliance
Thank you 'Bran'. Did/has your auditor agree/sign-off on what you did to close the finding?
Also could you share the actual wording of the finding (removing any company confidential info)

Top Bottom