IATF 16949 Internal Audit Checklist

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am tasked with getting an internal audit team to audit all elements of the IATF standard in a 3 year period. I have no $ to purchase software to have questions and checklists available for using. I am going to start our audits in February and have sections 5.1, 5.2 , 5.3 and 8.1, 8.2 to complete before March ends. Is there anyone who has checklists that I could use? Or do I have to write the questions all from scratch? I am used to working in a company that has all this software and a program...

I have used this site in years past for Metrology help and am hoping someone on here has something I could use. Thanks in advance,

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
I am tasked with getting an internal audit team to audit all elements of the IATF standard in a 3 year period. I have no $ to purchase software to have questions and checklists available for using. I am going to start our audits in February and have sections 5.1, 5.2 , 5.3 and 8.1, 8.2 to complete before March ends. Is there anyone who has checklists that I could use? Or do I have to write the questions all from scratch? I am used to working in a company that has all this software and a program...

I have used this site in years past for Metrology help and am hoping someone on here has something I could use. Thanks in advance,
Will this help you?

Attachments

• ISO_IATF_16949_Gap_Tool.xlsx
    189.1 KB · Views: 4,671

AndyN

Moved On

Your internal audits shouldn't be done to an IATF checklist. Turning the standard into a set of questions isn't an internal audit. If you do this, a smart IATF CB auditor will write you a MAJOR for NOT auditing:

* Your processes
* Using the "Automotive Process Approach"
* Customer specific Requirements (as applicable)
*and possibly the "Core Tools"
Since not of these things are mentioned in (in detail) in IATF. Can I ask if you've taken some IATF internal auditor training? I suspect that you haven't. Or that the training is ineffective (if you have) because you would know this information....

Ashland78

Your internal audits shouldn't be done to an IATF checklist. Turning the standard into a set of questions isn't an internal audit. If you do this, a smart IATF CB auditor will write you a MAJOR for NOT auditing:

* Your processes
* Using the "Automotive Process Approach"
* Customer specific Requirements (as applicable)
*and possibly the "Core Tools"
Since not of these things are mentioned in (in detail) in IATF. Can I ask if you've taken some IATF internal auditor training? I suspect that you haven't. Or that the training is ineffective (if you have) because you would know this information....

Thank you Andy, I have in the past done TS 16949 and recently did IATF 16949 Internal Audit Training, but this company that I have recently started at does not have anything in place, and what they do have is in Excel and not in English, rather Korean. We did get a major NC from our HQ team for not having this done, but I have no tools, software or programs to implement this. I did recently get us AIAG membership which no one here thought I would be able to get for us.

I thought checklists would be a good start to have when going into our various areas to start the audits.

AndyN

Moved On
I thought checklists would be a good start to have when going into our various areas to start the audits.
Yes! Indeed, they can be (but not for internal audits) - if you are starting out, can I ask where you are located? USA? State?

Ashland78

Yes! Indeed, they can be (but not for internal audits) - if you are starting out, can I ask where you are located? USA? State?

Andy, we are in the USA and I don't want to make my company look bad by any means. I have translated many documents already here and that takes time. In the past have had two or three people on audit team and audited various areas using scoring system with a completed report when finished where we audit each department on each shift.

There is nothing here, but we have made tremendous improvements since I started. We have done MSA training, Control Plan training, IATF stuff and are making progress.

Top Bottom