IATF 16949 SI 10, External non-accredited lab

Dgray

Registered
Hello, wondering if i could get some advice on the update to SI 10.

We get some external testing done to OEM specific test standards, which external test labs often aren't accredited too. With the update and removal of evidence of acceptance from the customer. I have created the attached questionnaire, do you think this will satisfy the requirements of 7.1.5.3.1?

Also what would you do if the customer specifies the laboratory but they don't meet the requirements of 7.1.5.3.1?

Thanks
Dave

Attachments

• Non-Accredited Laboratory Questionnaire.docx
    16.1 KB · Views: 120

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Good day @Dgray ;
Within the latest SI 10, there is allowance for...
"...and either...
- shall be accredited to ISO/IEC 17025...

"...or...

- the organization is responsible to ensure that there is evidence that the laboratory has been evaluated and meets the requirements of Section 7.1.5.3.1 of IATF 16949"

I see no concern with your questionnaire, however, remember, regardless of simply "checking the box" by having a questionnaire on file, ...- the organization is (STILL) responsible to ensure that there is evidence that the laboratory has been evaluated and meets the requirements of Section 7.1.5.3.1 of IATF 16949"

I would just caution as to ensuring there is logic for accepting the external lab beyond them simply filling out the questionnaire for you.

Hope this helps.
Be well.

Dgray

Registered
Thank you John,

Unfortunately we will not be able to find an accredited lab for some of the test we are requested to conduct.

I was my intention to review the documents provided with the returned questionnaire against 7.1.5.3.1, before signing off and to also send it to our customer to sign off on it. This should then cover the evaluation of the external laboratory.

I still don't know what we will do if the only lab we can find or are customer specified that doesn't meet the requirements of 7.1.5.3.1.

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
I would recommend your organization has a conversation with the customer. I assume based on your posts, that the customer...

1- Mandates IATF 16949 certification (?)

2- Mandates specific lab(s) to use (?)

The customer obviously puts your organization in a "catch 22" if the lab(s) they mandate do not comply to 7.1.5.3.1

I council that conversation/relationship with the customer take place.

Hope this helps.
Be well.

M

malasuerte

Thank you John,

Unfortunately we will not be able to find an accredited lab for some of the test we are requested to conduct.

I was my intention to review the documents provided with the returned questionnaire against 7.1.5.3.1, before signing off and to also send it to our customer to sign off on it. This should then cover the evaluation of the external laboratory.

I still don't know what we will do if the only lab we can find or are customer specified that doesn't meet the requirements of 7.1.5.3.1.

8.2.3.1.1 if it gets to that point.

Top Bottom