IATF has posted new GM Customer Specifics, effective January 2015

K

Keith Childers

IATF has posted new GM Customer Specifics, effective January 2015, which includes the addition of CQI-23.

4.1.15 Plastics Molding Processes
Clause 8.2.2.2 of ISO/TS 16949:2009 requires that the organization shall audit each manufacturing
process to determine its effectiveness. Applicability and effectiveness of plastics molding processes
shall be determined utilizing the most current version CQI-23 Special Process: Molding System
Assessment (CSA), published by AIAG, and records maintained. The effectiveness evaluation shall
include the organization?s self-assessment, actions taken, and that records are maintained.
This requirement shall also apply to molding suppliers to the organization pursuant to ISO/TS
16949:2009 Clause 7.4.1.2 (supplier development clause).
NOTE 1: 2nd Party assessment by a competent auditor and meeting the above requirements will satisfy
the self-assessment requirement.
NOTE 2: Implementation effectiveness should be based on evidence that the organization has a
process in place that includes elements such as auditors identified, schedule for self-assessment in
place including schedule adherence, supplier development process identified for applicable suppliers,
monitoring of progress, defined corrective action process and record-keeping.

L

lk2012

Thanks Keith,
I assume there will be quite a few other GM-specific CSR's. Where's the best place to see them all?
much appreciated
Lil

xfngrs

Quite Involved in Discussions
Keith,

It looks like you've looked at the new version pretty closely. Maybe you see what I am missing. In the page where the revision descriptions are listed, it says for Part 5, GM1411 no longer used; post on website. But then in Part 5 GM1411 is noted 11 times. Am I missing something? (It's one of those days where I probably am)

Thanks,

K

Keith Childers

Keith,

It looks like you've looked at the new version pretty closely. Maybe you see what I am missing. In the page where the revision descriptions are listed, it says for Part 5, GM1411 no longer used; post on website. But then in Part 5 GM1411 is noted 11 times. Am I missing something? (It's one of those days where I probably am)

Thanks,

I think you are referring to the revision note:
Note added on Service PPAP
application; Removed GM 1411
Worksheet and instructions. Users
should use GM Supply Power link.

5.4 Used to reference Driver Codes, but that appears to have been removed.
The new 5.4 is what used to be 5.5, and it was much longer, with a lot more description. Now it just says:

5.4 PPAP Worksheet GM 1411
The Organization is responsible to complete the current version GM 1411 completely and ensure all
information is accurate prior to obtaining any customer signatures. The PPAP Worksheet should be
reviewed and signed by the SQE prior to obtaining any additional signatures. The PPAP Worksheet
can be found in GM SupplyPower as document 1927-09 GM 1411 PPAP Worksheet.

They didn't remove the requirement for the 1411, they just removed all their instructions, and instead point you to SupplyPower for more information.

Top Bottom