IATF mandatory KPI?

AuditFan

Retired
Maintenance objectives are simple. I learned them from the field service guys at Xerox. a) do it on time. b) do it to spec and don't get called back to fix it a second time!

Chase S

Registered
Amit - That is fair, and I see a lot of value with the metrics given in the standard. I am certain that our organization will join corporate in maintaining these metrics (MTTR and MTBF) to match the parent companies' measures.

Thank you to everyone for the conversation. It is helpful.

starwind

Registered
KPI is a method to benchmark performance. With the performance result, you can determine if any risks to the company.

If KPI method is not used, you may explore others (such as OKR). This gauging method shall be tailored to your company and deemed effective. Then, in this case, you don't need to use KPI to fulfil section 9 of the IATF16949 performance evaluation.

AuditFan

Retired
Then, in this case, you don't need to use KPI to fulfil section 9 of the IATF16949 performance evaluation.

I'm confused by this. If you aren't measuring/monitoring performance of products and processes, how can an organization know if it's meeting the goals it set for itself?

starwind

Registered
Performance measurement is mandatory, don't get me wrong on that. However, the management team selects the method of measuring/benchmarking. KPI is one of the methods, which is the most popular one.

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
Performance measurement is mandatory, don't get me wrong on that. However, the management team selects the method of measuring/benchmarking. KPI is one of the methods, which is the most popular one.

Not sure what you are saying here? KPI = Key Performance Indicator/s - It is not a methodology. A KPI is any indicator you set, which you deem are Key. An org can have Key, Control, and more levels.

Top Bottom