IATF Process Control Plans not including customer name

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
While I do not want to reveal where I work, I am lost on something here. Most of our Process Control Plans do not have a customer name on them, the drawings do not either. I go to the Product Quality Standards that does not as well. Is this an IATF requirement. I have searched the AIAG APQP and Control Plan blue book and this baffles me. I am to do a Product audit of all our parts over a 3 year cycle. I have to go to Planning to find out where the part I am auditing ships!

Most people know this as they are legacy employees but I feel this should be on the PCP, is it a requirement though? Please help me out, I am on year 2. I know I am pretty good with finding information in general. The amount of time it takes me though is ridiculous.

Enghabashy

if there's OEM customer , there's 2 issues should be considered :
*if there's the customer specific requirements ; the relevant control plans & other relevant referenced documents " DWGs. , WI, FMEA,--etc.' should be referenced / identified by CSRs; as well as customer name /code /customer part # ,--
** many of OEM are conducting process audits for their suppliers ; it's conducted as suppliers development process ; hence the C plan & other evidences should be clear as referenced with customer name/code --accordingly , -- the internal audits checklists should be referenced also with relevant customer objective evidences
*** customers proprieties including information could be kept confidentially ; therefore if control plan is issued as general ; it should be indicted toward other separated customer references ; without disclosing the details of CSR in C plan

Johnny Quality

Ashland78,

Have a look at IATF 16949:2016, Annex A: Control Plan which lists the minimum elements. General data c) states "customer information (see customer requirements)" which circles back to 3.1 Terms and definitions and frankly the definition for "customer requirements" doesn't really help.

The fact that you have zero customer information on the Control Plan and you have to waste time trying to find who the customer is for any given part is ridiculous; it does not meet the requirements of the standard.

Enghabashy

we can refer also for annex A as guidance & audit requirement relating Customer Req.:
*A.2 Elements of the control plan
A control plan includes, as a minimum, the following contents:
General data, control plan number ,issue date and revision date, if any customer information (see customer requirements)
organization's name/site designation
part number(s)
part name/description
engineering change level
phase covered (prototype, pre-launch, production)
key contact
part/process step number
process name/operation description
functional group/area responsible
**9.2.2.4 Product audit
The organization shall audit products using customer-specific required approaches at appropriate stages of production and delivery to verify conformity to specified requirements. Where not defined by the customer, the organization shall define the approach to be used.

Enghabashy

in same scope ; customer issues as below also in C plan:
+The organization shall, if required by the customer,--- in the control plan:----

c) methods for monitoring of control exercised over special characteristics (see Annex A) defined by both

the customer and the organization;

d) the customer-required information, if any;---

If applicable, most of cases are not applicable for below requirement :

*If required by the customer, the organization shall obtain customer approval after review or revision of the

control plan.
++
8.3.3.3 Special characteristics
The organization shall use a multidisciplinary approach to establish, document, and implement its process(es) to identify special characteristics, including those determined by the customer and the risk analysis performed by the organization,

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
in same scope ; customer issues as below also in C plan:
+The organization shall, if required by the customer,--- in the control plan:----

c) methods for monitoring of control exercised over special characteristics (see Annex A) defined by both

the customer and the organization;

d) the customer-required information, if any;---

If applicable, most of cases are not applicable for below requirement :

*If required by the customer, the organization shall obtain customer approval after review or revision of the

control plan.
++
8.3.3.3 Special characteristics
The organization shall use a multidisciplinary approach to establish, document, and implement its process(es) to identify special characteristics, including those determined by the customer and the risk analysis performed by the organization,
None of this, including the file you uploaded, says anything about specifically identifying the customer on the PCP.

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
Enghabashy, it's intended for surnames, not company names.

Ashland78, 8.5.1.1 does not require identification of customer.
Maybe sub-clause d) customer required information, could be related.
But, only if one of Customer Specific Requirements is usage of customer designed control plan form, where header shows customer name.

Also Annex-A does not require identification of customer.
Maybe sub-clause c), but see above.

Working for previous company I've created product audit programme divided on customers.
I put there additional information, to help auditors identify group of products related to certain customer.
Ask person who prepares this programme in your company to list all products you can audit.

Top Bottom