ICP versus AA: How to determine appropriate specification for assay method verification

ChemistAnalytical

Starting to get Involved
Hi all,

My question is how do we come up with an appropriate specification for verification of an assay method. One method is AA. The one to be verified is ICP. I'm searching USP/ICH. An approach is not clear to me.

Is there already a guidance that addresses this?

Best regards,

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
Hi all,
My question is how do we come up with an appropriate specification for verification of an assay method. One method is AA. The one to be verified is ICP. I'm searching USP/ICH. An approach is not clear to me.
Is there already a guidance that addresses this?
Best regards,
I haven't found one yet., although there' are quite a few references.,
USP <730> PLASMA SPECTROCHEMISTRY
outlines accuracy, precision, intermediate precision, LOQ, linearity and robustness with respective acceptance criteria

another US FDA ref...
Elemental Analysis Manual (EAM) for Food and Related Products

Validating ICP-MS for the Analysis of Elemental Impurities According to Draft USP General Chapters <232> and <233>

Performance characteristics for the quantification of total iron in premixtures and feedingstuffs :- an ref. from EMA pg.7
1547517846410.png

Electronic Supplementary Material (ESI) for Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry. This journal is © The Royal Society of Chemistry 2015
Analytical method Validation: ICP-OES

Comparison of 4 analytical techniques based on atomic spectrometry for the determination of total tin in canned foodstuffs
1547517968053.png

Validation of an analytical method based on the high-resolution continuum source flame atomic absorption spectrometry for the ...

and if you are purist, then we can adopt one of the general chapters from USP 1210 and 1010 for determining the specification of assay-verification criteria.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JodiB MU for a method using ICP-OES for Metals Analysis Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
K Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectometry (ICP) Test - Definition Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
R Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) prep - Practice test versus actual exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
J Controlled information versus defined documents / records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Q Forms Master List versus Record Matrix ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Use of "Shall" versus "Should" in Procedures ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 21
J NHS exemption - Benefits versus expectations in UK NHS service EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R Bottom up approach versus system level ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
Sam Lazzara Medical Device File (MDF per 13485:2016 4.2.3) versus FDA Device Master Record (DMR) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R ISO 9001 versus ISO 13485 for Suppliers to Medical Device Companies ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Symbols - Device label versus Packaging label ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Engineering change order versus a design change request ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D TS16949 Annex A versus Toyota MQC's IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
M "Basic Safety" versus "Essential Performance" IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 12
M Internal Audit finding versus External Audit finding General Auditing Discussions 2
Sam Lazzara Lot Release Testing versus Process Validation Studies Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 9
M Class I versus Class II Medical Device MRB Authority AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M What is the difference between an Outlier versus Out of Specification ? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 17
Sam Lazzara Medical Device Barcode Pros and Cons: GS1 versus HIBC Other Medical Device Related Standards 13
Stijloor The Pain of Electricity (AC versus DC) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
M Taguchi versus fractional factorial: Can somebody check the results? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
S Similar Medical Devices - 510k versus Letter to File 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Zeiss U-Soft versus Uni-Touch CMM Software Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 7
G GR&R (Gage R&R) Anova versus Xbar Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
T Schedule for SOP Review - Listing by Names of Process Owner versus Job Titles? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
I Screening: Blackett Burman versus Fraction Factorial Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
H Implementing ISO 14001 versus Implementing ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
R Work Instructions versus Process Flow Charts ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
B CMDCAS versus ISO 13485 - What are the additional requirements Canada Medical Device Regulations 21
V Definition Documented versus Defined Procedures Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
D 'Post market surveillance' versus 'Post Market Clinical Follow Up' EU Medical Device Regulations 18
E RDC 59 - GMP for medical products Brazil versus compatible international standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
P Early versus Late delivery from suppliers - what's the acceptable ratio? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
N Customer processes Versus our Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T MS21075L3 nutplates versus MF5000-3 Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
V Age Versus Youth Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
J Uncertainties versus 4 to 1 tar Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
M Percent recycle versus land fill benchmark - What percentage are you at? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
Wes Bucey Quality versus "delight" - Low complaints but few "raves" by vehicle owners World News 16
T Stealth Quality versus No Quality - What are you guys talking about? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 34
R ISO9001:2000 Versus Best for Business ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
B TS16949:2002 Versus TS16949:1999 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Cpm versus sample size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
E How do you determine if hipot is necessary for a cable product? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
J Standard used to determine if check fixture gauge is acceptable Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
M Measurement Error - How to determine what is acceptable? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S How to determine & document Organizational Knowledge of a company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
O Monitoring performance - How do I determine performance measurement basis within my organization? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
T IEC 60601-1 - Risk assessment to determine the liquid - 11.6.3 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6