Identification of Customer Property - Requirements

C

Corey

Hello,
I have been reviewing other threads (my eyes are still bugging) pertaining to my questions but I never found a clear answer. :frust:

I am in the process of implementing ISO9001:2008. We have over 7,000 dies that are considered customer property. We also maintain an inventory of product for customers. We also own some dies are ourselves.

#1-Does each die need to be engraved or tagged or can I simply maintain a log and reference the die # that is written on there is owned by ABC Company?

#2-Can I identify the inventory as "customer owned" in our inventory dbase? Or maybe even add the part # to the customer property log?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Identification of customer property

What does this say? The organization shall identify, verify, protect and safeguard customer property provided for use or incorporation into the product.

All you need to do is follow the guidance provided in 7.5.4, what's up to you is the how, so the answers to your questions could be YES or could be NO depending upon the effectiveness of the controls you establish

J

Jason PCSwitches

Hello,
I have been reviewing other threads (my eyes are still bugging) pertaining to my questions but I never found a clear answer. :frust:

I am in the process of implementing ISO9001:2008. We have over 7,000 dies that are considered customer property. We also maintain an inventory of product for customers. We also own some dies are ourselves.

#1-Does each die need to be engraved or tagged or can I simply maintain a log and reference the die # that is written on there is owned by ABC Company?

#2-Can I identify the inventory as "customer owned" in our inventory dbase? Or maybe even add the part # to the customer property log?
You can identify them however best fits your organization. If they already have an ID # I would stick with that as it's easily traceable to the particular customer & they will reference that when they inquire about it.

I've found it's best to identify them as customer owned and segregate all customer property from the organizations. If you have a tool crib designate a certain area specifically for customer property, create a log recording the ID #'s and customer, ensure they are incorporated in your preventative maintenance program and you should be all set. That will meet the requirements of identifying, verifying, protecting & safeguarding customer property; as well as making it simple & effective to manage.

C

Corey

Thank you both. I am going to stick with how it is ID'd now and add a field in our MRP system that says customer owned. I don't see any problems with effectiveness there.

Randy

Super Moderator

Hey Corey, if it's working the way you've been doing it there is no need to change...That is unless control is not maintained or the customer wants you to do something special their way

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Identification of Customer Property: Customer-Supplied Thumb Drives & Ext Hard Drives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D Customer Property Identification Requirement - ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 77
Q Customer Property Tools - par. 7.5.4.1 - Electronic identification of a certain tool IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
J Customer Identification and Traceability in Manufacturing Plans Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Customer owned tooling identification requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
MarilynJ6354 Service & Installation Parts Identification - Install equipment at a customer's site Service Industry Specific Topics 6
R UDI Number Identification EU Medical Device Regulations 5
K Identification test in ph.eur. Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
S SOP Identification of Special Characteristics IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
I Hazard Identification and Naming ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 10
C ISO 45001 6.1.2.1 Hazard Identification Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
J 1.11 Preliminary Identification of Special Product and Process Characteristics APQP and PPAP 4
T ISO 9001 8.5.2. - Identification and traceability to Identify Outputs - Services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
K Identification of hazards and Risk file IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 7
M Medical Device Identification & Codes - Article 27 Requirements questions EU Medical Device Regulations 1
T Non conformance product identification and traceability 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
qualprod Monitoring of lead time - Good KPI identification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
qualprod Controlled sticker for product identification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
Watchcat Identification of Test Sample in Test Reports? Design and Development of Products and Processes 22
B Marking of Medical Electrical equipment and accessories - Cl. 7.2.2 "Identification" and Cl. 7.2.4 "Accessories" IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
M Informational EU – Unique Device Identification (UDI) System – FAQs Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S ISO 14971 Risk Management - Questions for Hazard identification ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
Z Two Payment Identification Number (PIN) for the same order in DFUF website 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
K Identification and Traceability with an ERP system - Barcode Labels? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M MDR Annex IX Chapter I, 2.2 (c) - Device identification procedures during manufacture. EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational USFDA final guidance – Unique Device Identification: Convenience Kits Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Stefan Mundt ISO 9001:2015 - 8.5.2 Identification and Traceability Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
S Looking for procedure on UDI (Unique Device Identification) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S UDI (Unique Device Identification) Requirements for Remanufactured devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B Quality Management System documentation identification Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
K Document Numbering (Identification) System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
N Requirements for the identification and traceability of demo product for sales force US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Registration in Europe and in MENA countries EU Medical Device Regulations 1
qualprod Identification of Training Needs = People Performance? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
H European Pharmacopoeia First Identification Requirements Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
Q Identification of gage blocks General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
DeeDeeM IATF16949, clause 8.5.2.1 Identification and traceability-supplemental IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
DeeDeeM IATF 16949 - Clause 8.5.2 Identification and Traceability IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Q ISO 9001 Cl. 8.5.2 and 8.5.4 - Identification in Products ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
M Measurement Equipment - Identification of Calibration Status General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 25
M Risk Identification and Risk Assessment for any Process - Is it necessary? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
Edward Reesor UDI (Unique Device Identification): HIBCC or GS1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 39
R Identification of Medical Devices in MDD 93/42 Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Managing Finance Processes - Identification of Sub Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Informational Is Identification of Risks and Opportunities required for QMS Processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 96
dubrizo Initial Supplier Identification, Review and Controls ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
H UDI (Unique Device Identification) Requirements for IVD Software EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Receiving Goods Inwards - Identification Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
Pmarszal UDI (Unique Device Identification) Transition Period - Packaging Labeling Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
Q RFID (radio frequency identification) registration for Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6