Identification & Traceability Application Differences

M

MDWEEK

1-What is the difference in application between identification& tracibility?:thanx:
2- in d&d shall i mention only what the company is doing in design process ?

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: What is the Difference in Application between Identification & Traceability

1-What is the difference in application between identification& tracibility?:thanx:
2- in d&d shall i mention only what the company is doing in design process ?

Identification pertains to labeling of product during all stages of production to prevent mix-up, etc. Traceability pertains to tracing components/finished product from the beginning of the production process (raw materials, bill of materials, etc.) through to delivery of product (including customer's name/address) so that in case of recall all product can be traced forward (to the customer and/or end user) and backward (all the way back to the supplier of raw materials).

Hope this helps. :bigwave:

M

MDWEEK

SO
Identification is for product

tracibility is for components of product

thank you:thanks:

T

Ted Schmitt

Just to help abit on the clarification (or not) :notme:

ISO 9000:2005

traceability
ability to trace the history, application or location of that which is under consideration
NOTE 1 When considering product (3.4.2), traceability can relate to
— the origin of materials and parts,
— the processing history, and
— the distribution and location of the product after delivery.

M

MDWEEK

thank you
i understood thank you

what about the rest of my question
for D&D shall i mention& describe only what the company is doing in her design process or shall i do more than that:thanks:

T

Ted Schmitt

what about the rest of my question
for D&D shall i mention& describe only what the company is doing in her design process or shall i do more than that:thanks:

Sorry, but not quite sure what you are asking... could you clarify ?

M

MDWEEK

I need to prepare design and development procedure for my construction company and i`m asking shall i write what they do in design only or do more?:thanks:

T

Ted Schmitt

I need to prepare design and development procedure for my construction company and i`m asking shall i write what they do in design only or do more?:thanks:

Since you are the implementation phase of you quality management system, I would document what exactly is done today... if you want to improve your D&D department and outputs later, go for it... keep it simple and functional.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Are you asking whether only clause 7.3 is applicable because they are a design company?

If so, you also have to address the other clauses of the standard as well. It just happens that design is 1 of their processes.

Top Bottom