Identifying Routine and Non-Routine Activities: OSHA OHSAS 18001

Randy

Super Moderator
Get a copy of ISO 45001:2018 and look here......... A.6.1.2.1 Hazard identification

Routine/non routine activities are not the same for everyone, what's routine for bakery is not routine for a machine shop. There is no 1 size fits all, so you're going to have to do some of your own work with this.

Henria

OSH Officer
Hi !

Rbaloch, BS OHSAS 18001 is out ! ;)
Concerning ISO 45001 there is no other "routine/non routine activities" reference than the one precisely indicated by Amit.

Personal remark: in OSH context it is necessary to see "routine activity or not" from the point of view of the personnel working activity of the considered personnel. For example, if a production operator is in charge of certain "maintenance operations" on his equipment from time to time, it is certainly a non-routine activities for him compared to his production operations (routine activities). But for a member of the maintenance department, "maintenance operations" are most "routines activities"...

Bye.

(sorry my english is poor...)

Last edited:

Enghabashy

Quite Involved in Discussions
there are valuable cases / examples written above , but when you classifying any routine or non routine ; you should refer to OSHA registered risk assessment & instructions because it provide valuable case study & formal issues which covering wide range & activities .

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello !
Enghabashy, I don't understand what is your "OSHA registered risk assessment & instructions". Please do you have a web link to consult it ?
Bye.

Henria

OSH Officer
PS : sorry Enghabashy, I don't understand your answers. It seems you propose to use the ORA results to identify routine and non-routine activities (therefore for you ORA would be prior to theses activities identification). But ISO 45001requires ORA in routine and non-routine activities (therefore these different activities must be identified prior ORA).

Top Bottom