IF formula - Excel 2003

P

poppy666

I'm a total novice looking for some help.

I would like to enter a date into a cell in sheet 2-14 and have a specific cell in sheet 1 have a tick (check) mark. If no date entered then no tick.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

lk2012

hi, using the IF formula is a good idea. This formula will be in your cell no1. It will be like IF(cell2-14 contains XYZ,"tick", <leave empty>).
Best thing is to check online tutorials for the edition of Excel you're using to make sure you've got the right format.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Howdy,

The "Tick mark" will be a bit involved...but having it give a value or text is not so hard:
The difference being one is a symbol, and the other is a value.
Both are possible.

{I'll assume the cell where the date goes is cell A113}
For the cell where you want the result...put the IF in as
=IF(A113 > 0 , "tick" , "" )

If you want the result to be text, you need the quotations around the result.
If you want the result to be a number, you do not need the quotes.
The "" end result is the character for {blank}.

HTH

Darius

Quite Involved in Discussions
=+IF(O347=0,"",CHAR(252)) or =+IF(O347=0,"",?)

and changing the character format to Wingdings

change O347=0 to the comparison that suits you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Microsoft Excel 2003 Formula Restrictions Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
A Excel OOT (Out of Tolerance) Formula Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
S used excel formula calculated the ARL's with Rule1&Rule2 for Shewhart control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
F How to Calculate the unbiased Standard Deviation in Excel using Minitab Formula Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
F Excel I want to use the count I get in another formula Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 13
M Formula for Bell Shape in Excel Using Minitab Software 1
N Is there a formula to link words in Excel sheet to a graph? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
F SPC Newbie looking for Excel Spreadsheet formula for a sample size of 40 components Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 8
A Bias Linearity Stability MSA Excel File with Formula Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
I AQL Formula in Excel - Calculating Sample Size based on an AQL Chart AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
S Stability calculation with formula in excel sheet & acceptance criteria Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D Need some help with a formula in Excel Please! Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
V Weibull formula in Excel needs to be verified. Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 46
J CMM Accuracy - Formula for Excel or a spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 20
Manix Excel Formula for Ebay shop fees - Help needed Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 8
A Excel formula for Ppk needed Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 44
S RPN Ranking - Put a formula in an access database or Excel .xls spreadsheet Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 12
A Cpk Formula: Am I using it correctly? Excel .xls Spreadsheet form Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 14
L What is the Formula for Cpk in Excel? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 41
J Unbiasing Constant "d4" formula Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
S Formula for Calculating NoGo Major Diameter for UN gages Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J CMM Accuracy Formula General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
I Formula in the Annex of IEC 61000-4-3 - How is k=7 determined? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Z Inspection Form With Pass/Fail Formula Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
A Cpk Formula seems off, need help!? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 11
L Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Ratio formula check Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
S Scrap % Calculation Formula Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
J Bias formula in MSA 4th Edition vs 3rd Edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
N Formula that will calculate the NoGo Major Diameter of an M20 x 1.5 6H Thread gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Formula to tie together - Confidence/Reliability Level AQL? LTPD? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
M Dimension Report Formula .xlsx Editable Spreadsheet Form Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 24
M Should I use binomial or Poisson distribution formula? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M What is the formula to create a bell curve? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 8
P Does anyone have the GRR Formula? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M Standard Deviation Estimation Formula - Student Question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Barahir Formula Data Validation Set for Cp, Cpk, Pp & Ppk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
B Attrition Rate and the formula to calculate Attrition Rate Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
D Demonstration Reliability Test Formula with allowance for 'x' Failures Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
N Linear Regression Formula with Four Variables to a Power Regression Formula Using Minitab Software 2
M MSA - According to the formula cg how much tolerance should be put in place? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J Repeatability Standard Deviation Formula in MSA 4th Edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
M Formula for Prioritizing Engineering Change Requests (ECR)? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Formula for Calculating Warp Measurement of Corrugated Boxes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Z KPI Formula Issue - "Change Requests Managed" = Changed/Total ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
O Which role plays Inverse cdf of a Standard Normal Distribution in Formula for Z-Bench Using Minitab Software 8
D Route Delivery Efficiency Formula - Miles driven, number of deliveries, and time(hrs) Benchmarking 3
S Formula used in Minitab 16 - "Pooled Standard Deviation" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
T Gage R&R Sheet Formula error?! NDC less than 4 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
C Sample Size Calculation Formula for Process Capability Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 25
Q Accuracy: Is there a specific formula to compute Measurement Device Accuracy? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3