If Super Heroes were Real would you support a Registration Act?

Superhero Registation, Pro or Con?

• Pro Registration

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Anti Registration

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Yes - this totally frivolous, but since I'm reading the Marvel Civil War saga, which is about a federal Superhero registration act and how the various heroes are reacting, how would you feel if superpowered heroes and villians really existed?

Would you be pro or con a law that would outlaw any superhero that did not register his identity with the government?

R

ralphsulser

Re: If superheroes were real would you support a registration act?

Yes - this totally frivolous, but since I'm reading the Marvel Civil War saga, which is about a federal Superhero registration act and how the various heroes are reacting, how would you feel if superpowered heroes and villians really existed?

Would you be pro or con a law that would outlaw any superhero that did not register his identity with the government?

OooKay, um...what are you smoking?;)

C

Craig H.

I'm already registered. Certified, too.

Who's going to MAKE Superman register if he doesn't want to register?
What about the Invisible Man?
To paraphrase the NRA Slogan: "If you outlaw superheroes, then only supervillians are left". It's just like most standards, unenforcable.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator

Who's going to MAKE Superman register if he doesn't want to register?
What about the Invisible Man?
To paraphrase the NRA Slogan: "If you outlaw superheroes, then only supervillians are left". It's just like most standards, unenforcable.

In the Marvel series the registered heroes are "hunting" the unregistered ones as government agents.

J

JerryStem

Guess this is kinda like the X-Men series? (disclaimer - no nothing about comic books, have seen X-Men I & II movies). The issue with mutants being treated as dangerous criminals?

I don't really support registering anyone so I guess I'd be against...

Jerry

errhine

Involved - Posts

If I were a superhero, and my superpowers were registered as being able to deceive everybody.... would I be arrested for lying on the registration?:notme:

L

little__cee

This thread reminds me that I have to watch that new Stan Lee show.

W

wmarhel

I get a reserved copy of this for my son and we usually read it together. Anything to get them interested in reading.

This is pretty interesting though. Definitely realize why I was never a Spiderman fan, but Capt. America is getting two thumbs up.

Wayne

Top Bottom