Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

I'm new in IMDS special using the IMDS application

Hi im just new in IMDS special using in the imds application . i need help please attached jpeg.picture
i really appreciate if you guys help me with this..
that very much

Attachments

SACHIN GUPTA

Starting to get Involved
For Creating new IMDS .Please find below steps It might help you .
1 Login into IMDS.
2 Click on File menu.. NEW >> Data Sheet>>Semi component .
3 Add Article Name And Item /Material No.
4.In amount and weight .Put Specific Weight as per unit required for length ,area, volume.
5.Then click on Add material reference . its sub component select the MSDS which previously created and accepted from supplier and linked to current Semi component.
6 Then select supplier Contact details
7 Search Recipient ( Customer ) IMDS ID and at put the External Part No. Given by Customer .
8 Finally Proposed the IMDS.

Hope this give you brief Idea.

For Creating new IMDS .Please find below steps It might help you .
1 Login into IMDS.
2 Click on File menu.. NEW >> Data Sheet>>Semi component .
3 Add Article Name And Item /Material No.
4.In amount and weight .Put Specific Weight as per unit required for length ,area, volume.
5.Then click on Add material reference . its sub component select the MSDS which previously created and accepted from supplier and linked to current Semi component.
6 Then select supplier Contact details
7 Search Recipient ( Customer ) IMDS ID and at put the External Part No. Given by Customer .
8 Finally Proposed the IMDS.

Hope this give you brief Idea.

Hi, this was very helpful, I am also new to IMDS, no training, just working with the user manual, we are going to recruit somebody soon and will send them on a course. In the meantime I am trying to manage but can you tell me what I need to do if my customer rejects my IMDS because of a weight problem. If I create a new IMDS then surely I can't attach the recipient code to the same part number. I don't understand the manual regarding "assign" another IMDS. It seems to be written from the customer's perspective and in any event there isn't another IMDS that I could assign. What should I do in this instance? Any help would be gratefully accepted.

try2makeit

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi, this was very helpful, I am also new to IMDS, no training, just working with the user manual, we are going to recruit somebody soon and will send them on a course. In the meantime I am trying to manage but can you tell me what I need to do if my customer rejects my IMDS because of a weight problem. If I create a new IMDS then surely I can't attach the recipient code to the same part number. I don't understand the manual regarding "assign" another IMDS. It seems to be written from the customer's perspective and in any event there isn't another IMDS that I could assign. What should I do in this instance? Any help would be gratefully accepted.
You will need to create another IMDS for the part. But is this a weight call out on the Customers print? Sometimes the Customer will enter a weight on the print without confirming the actual weight. I had this happen to me once, were the Customer rejected a submitted IMDS due to the weight not matching the call out on the print. I took a picture of the part on the scale showing my weight was correct and the Customer dropped the issue. Unfortunately I still had to resubmit the IMDS again.

try2makeit

Hi im just new in IMDS special using in the imds application . i need help please attached jpeg.picture
i really appreciate if you guys help me with this..
that very much
All your semi components need to be in kg - which have to make the total weight in kg of the component added up. Once you have entered all your semi components perform an analysis by clicking on the analysis tab and it will tell you if your weight is an issue or the materials.

All your semi components need to be in kg - which have to make the total weight in kg of the component added up. Once you have entered all your semi components perform an analysis by clicking on the analysis tab and it will tell you if your weight is an issue or the materials.
You will need to create another IMDS for the part. But is this a weight call out on the Customers print? Sometimes the Customer will enter a weight on the print without confirming the actual weight. I had this happen to me once, were the Customer rejected a submitted IMDS due to the weight not matching the call out on the print. I took a picture of the part on the scale showing my weight was correct and the Customer dropped the issue. Unfortunately I still had to resubmit the IMDS again.
Thanks - yes actually the weight on the drawing was incorrect to the weight of the finished made part - as you say I will have to resubmit but I'm not sure I can attach the same supplier code to the part number once it has been used once and submitted. I'll just muddle on and see how far I get. Not an easy system to use. Thanks again

try2makeit

Thanks - yes actually the weight on the drawing was incorrect to the weight of the finished made part - as you say I will have to resubmit but I'm not sure I can attach the same supplier code to the part number once it has been used once and submitted. I'll just muddle on and see how far I get. Not an easy system to use. Thanks again
Yes you can re-use the same supplier code. Your Supplier code is the same all the time. The only thing you may have to do is delete the rejected versions before starting new submissions. Otherwise IMDS will pop up a window saying that a component with the same part number has already been used.

Yes you can re-use the same supplier code. Your Supplier code is the same all the time. The only thing you may have to do is delete the rejected versions before starting new submissions. Otherwise IMDS will pop up a window saying that a component with the same part number has already been used.
That's excellent advice. I didn't know you could delete after submission. Perfect. Thanks. So kind of you to help.

try2makeit

That's excellent advice. I didn't know you could delete after submission. Perfect. Thanks. So kind of you to help.
Even after you delete the rejected submission, you may still get a message from IMDS that the part number has been used. I think you are able to ignore it and continue. Good luck!

Top Bottom