IM&TE - Outside calibration companies - 7.6.3.2 External Laboratory

Tom W

Living the Dream...
After looking through the TS2 standard, am I correct in that I see no reference to outside calibration companies having the requirement to be accredited? I ask this because in QS it specifically states that they have to be accredited. Can anyone help me out on this and point me to either where it says they have to be accredited or they don't? This would be just for calibration services on IMT. Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Tom W

Living the Dream...
Thanks I saw that and see that there is an option, so in theory the calibration service does not have to be accredited. I ask this strickly on a cost basis, our current supplier will calibrate the equipment the same way either normal or under the accredidation, the cost is three time more for the accredidation certificate. We are also looking at different suppliers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Are Outside Calibration Companies required to NADCAP Certified? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
L In house calibration - Our CMM's are outside certified can I use them to certify our standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
M Validity of Calibration outside the Calibration Range General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
C Flow Meter Calibration - Outside Calibration Service vs. In-House Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
K Determination of Calibration Frequency by an Outside Laboratory Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
C Interpreting Outside Laboratory Calibration Certificate Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
I TS 16949 Audit Minor non conformance - Outside Calibration Laboratory IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
B No editable (alterable) raw data from outside calibration laboratory? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 20
S Calibration System was In-House now Outside (External Service Provider) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
J Outside Calibration Laboratory Satisfying Gage R&R Requirement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
J Using Outside Accredited Calibration Laboratories vs. In-house Calibrations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
R Outside Calibration - Accredited, certified - Is NIST traceability guaranteed? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
sonflowerinwales Can I use a 17025 laboratory for calibration outside of their scope? ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
M Auditor interpretation of PO data - PO submitted for outside calibration General Auditing Discussions 2
S Laboratory Environmental Conditions Outside of limits ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Large outside micrometers calibrations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C Material from outside CER evaluation period CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
E How do you identify what standards a country recognizes outside of FDA, EU, Health Canada Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
J AS9100 - Working Outside of Scope of Certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
B FDA Philippines has no check or balance outside the health department Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
I Certificate of Exportability - Contract manufacturer located outside the US 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Gamula Biocompatibility GLP conform tests outside China China Medical Device Regulations 1
GStough Nonconformance Found Outside the Audit Scope - Supplier Audit General Auditing Discussions 16
O Cleaning API Rotary Shoulder Connections Working Mates exposed to Outside Weather General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C TS 16949 Exclusions outside of clause 7.3 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M Taking on a job outside of our ISO Scope ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B WEEE requirements if I sell devices outside the EU RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
T Does your Quality Dept Control Procedures Outside the Scope of ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T What to do if parameters are found to be Outside of Control Limits Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
L Where next? Thinking outside the QMS box Career and Occupation Discussions 9
M CE Mark outside of Europe - Implications EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Filing MDRs (Medical Device Report) for OUS (Outside United States) events Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
R Does an Outside Steam Generator need to be Registered in the EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
I AS9100 PPAP requirements for outside Heat Treat vendors/suppiers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
A Setting air gauging outside of a part tolerance Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
S TS 16949 Outside Process Control Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D CE Marking for Custom Ordered Products Outside of the EU EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Q Internal Laboratory Services - Selling Services to "Outside" Customers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
K Use of CE Mark for Medical Devices outside the EU CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
F Biocompatibility study conducted in the GLP lab outside Japan Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
M Reference a MAF outside the context of a US FDA submission? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M Using STERILE symbols on outside and inside packaging EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Auditing a process outside the realm of the formal Internal Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
C Requirements for FMEA outside of Product Realization AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M TickITplus awareness outside UK & Sweden? Software Quality Assurance 3
P Can an outside consultant audit all the AS9100 requirements including Internal Audit? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 24
H Specification Limits outside of Johnson Transformation Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 15
S Industry Best Practices for managing outside Engineering Consultants Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
N Outside source to provide Basic Measurement Training - Louisville, KY Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
M Do ISO9001/AS9100 Audits go outside of Scope? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22