IMDS Submission for Trim Parts (Non-woven Carpets, Wood, Felts etc)

V

vincep049

Hi All,

I am working for a Teir 1 supplier from Bangalore who supplies Trims parts to OEM.
Our one of the customers is asking for IMDS submission.
I am facing trouble in collecting the material data from our suppliers as they all materials like non woven carpets, wood, felts ..etc.
Please help me how to proceed with material data collection an submit IMDS.

:thanx:
Vince

D

DRAMMAN

Your situation is an example of why they require you to submit them. You need to implement requirements with your supplier's to provide these with the raw material shipments.

M

Mohanpa

Hi Vince,

You can create the IMDS on behalf of your supplier, by collecting the MSDS from the supplier and create MDS in your system.

Thanks,
Mohan

T

TShepherd

Morning,

Until you get a chance to learn the IMDS System (a total nightmare) you may want to contact a company (they are popping up like dandilions) that handle IMDS submissions for other companies and can cost as little as $25 per submission. very cost effective compared to the learning curve for the IMDS system.

Most material suppliers are getting wise to IMDS systems and will charge a premium to you if you want the IMDS submission - same for material certification. they are beginning to understand that there is a revenue point they can implement.

Tom:2cents:

IMDSDATA

Starting to get Involved
you should be able to find current specifications for textiles published under classification Modified organic natural materials (e.g. leather, wood, cardboard, cotton fleece)

Top Bottom