Immigration permit for countries such as Korea

R

RoneyJames

I had found that immigrants with the criminal history or background are restricted for the entry to the US. How about the other countries like Korea? How could the defendant charged with the care and control case can get the permit?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
You would probably have to ask about each specific country, as I am sure each country has its specific laws with regard to immigration.

If it was me, I would look up on Google each specific country and see what their specific requirements are. Personally I have no idea what a "care and control" case is. My bet is you would have to contact the relevant authority in each country you are considering to ascertain whether you are eligible or not.

I will say that over the years I have investigated immigration to a number of different countries. I can not speak to the aspect of having a criminal record, but I can say all had some type of financial and/or other requirement such as investing in a business there.

If it was me and I had the money I would hire an immigration lawyer as the paths to entry vary even in an individual country. Most countries have immigration lawyers who can help - Of course, you're talking paying them for their services.

john.b

Involved In Discussions
I could be slightly clearer on the question but I'll say a little about how this relates to my own experience. I'm not an immigrant but I do live and work in Thailand, for 9 years now. Things change related to obtaining immigrant / permanent residence status, which I'll say a little about.

There is no background check here related to getting different kinds of visas or work permits. Someone could live out their life here as a non-resident worker without ever facing any review. Per my understanding to become a permanent resident, a different process, a criminal background check is required, although I wouldn't know what they are screening against, what findings or background is grounds for rejection. I'm not sure which category retirement visas fall into, if there is a similar screening for that or not.

M

monaads

Visas and work permit for South Korea are regularly recorded by the sponsoring business. Once an expat's work permit has been endorsed, the Ministry of Justice will issue a Certificate of Confirmation of Visa Issuance (CCVI). This authentication should then be submitted with the relevant visa application forms toward the South Korean embassy or office in the candidate's nation of residence.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Last work week due to immigration process, I'm feeling overwhelmed. Immigration and Expatriate Topics 7
N Value of a Lead Auditor Course - Immigration to Canada of Process Engineering PhD Immigration and Expatriate Topics 6
C Comparing what I do against Canada request - Immigration Immigration and Expatriate Topics 4
G Immigration: Going to Canada thru Agencies Immigration and Expatriate Topics 6
C Immigration: Moving to another country Immigration and Expatriate Topics 11
T IATF 16949 - Customer Authorization for Concession or Deviation Permit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
pittmatj ANVISA Import Permit for Brazilian Customs Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Jen Kirley Can a company with pending air license and water permit still get certified to 14001? REACH and RoHS Conversations 2
J0anne US Working Permit Requirements for European Consultants Career and Occupation Discussions 2
G Production Permit (aka Waiver) vs. Concession (aka Deviation) - Definitions Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
somashekar Work Permit Form for India Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
G Permit to Fly - Is flight testing relevant to our production side? EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 6
B Solid Waste Landfills and ISO 14001 - May become Permit condition for new facilities ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
I Additional National requirements for placing MD in the EU countries EU Medical Device Regulations 7
F List of countries that 'prefer' a CE Mark CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
F ISO 13485 - EU countries that could request another audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Free Sales certificates for Medical Devices - List of countries EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M MDR Impact on MDSAP Countries Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 16
R Countries that accept 510k approvals - Class II nonsterile medical device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
D IATF 16949 FAQ 24 (8.4.2.2 Countries of Destination) - How is this actually being interpreted? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A In which EU countries would it be okay to use sample labels for registration? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
D Do User Manuals (Not Device Labeling) HAVE to be in their national languages for these countries? Will English Hardcopy not do? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
R PMCF - centers/countries used CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
K Comparison essential requirements EU compared to those of MDSAP countries Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
Sidney Vianna Informational ISO 13485 Certificates Top 10 Countries - 2004 to 2017 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
Sidney Vianna Informational ISO 14001 Certificates Top 15 Countries - 1999 to 2017 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
M Identical Sales Package in Different Countries Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
M Can Brazil approval be used for other countries in Latin America? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
U IATF 16949 8.4.2.2 FAQ 24 - Countries of destination IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R List of countries that require only CE Mark certificate for product registration Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
K IoT, AI, Big Data and National Strategies of Other Countries (in your country, do you have any?) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 12
M RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Registration in Europe and in MENA countries EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Medical Device Regulations in African Countries Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
W CE Registration - Product Manufactured in 2 Countries CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
Q Applicable Medical Device Wifi regulations for various Countries Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
J EU countries and steam sterilisation protocol EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R Impact of an MDSAP certificate with all countries coverage Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
supadrai Countries where you should (absolutely?) avoid appointing a distributor ... Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
R FDA 510K - Does the FDA accept the testing report from other countries? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
S Marketing in one of the MDSAP countries ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
S MDSAP - What if the company is interested in only 2/5 of those countries? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
a_bardi ISO 9001:2015 - Implementation in 4 Plants Different Countries ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S Language of procedures when operating in multiple countries ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
L Medical device registration in African/Asian countries Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 11
L List of Regulated Countries - Registrations on Medical Devices Class I / II / III Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
V Leadership and Organization Styles in Different Countries Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
A RoHS compliance - Our market is non EU countries only ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Q How to handle different voltages for different countries Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
pittmatj Comprehensive list of countries requiring Registration & Market Authorization Holders Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
E Recognition of Certification Body Reports in different Countries Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1