Implementation of ISO 9000 in a small manufacturing company

M

mikorfa

certification of SME's

I'm a postgratuate student and i'm working on the implementation of ISO 9002 standards on a small manufacturing company. If anyone could provide information on certification (implementation of standards) of small companies or a sample quality manual, please HELP!!! Thank you in advance!

------------------
Mike

M

mikorfa

I talked to my supervisor, and he suggested to work on BS ISO EN 9000,1,2 or anything else. I figured out that it was 9002, because the company is not designing.
IF you could suggest me something better for a small (family) manufacturing company, i would be really glad!!!

------------------
Mike

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
Hello again Mike,

A bit of history: ISO 9000 series 1994 revision had seperate 9001, 9002 & 9003. Recently revised 9001 2000 revision combines all previous standards (separate) into one.

Depending on how your current 'model' business system is organized will lead you toward the best format for this exercise (if you weren't a student, and this just an exercise I would say go with 9001:2000). If you may actually be involved in future with I'd also go with the 2000 revision for experience.

Please find a word file ISO 9001 checklist (may not be exact) in the 'Free Files Directory' under 'New Uploads' sub-directory (there are also many other files available in both locations to help with info/guidance). Print out the checklist and any other file (save if you want to) and use it to set-up your business system. Under a certificate you will list what the 'scope' of your registration is (a.k.a Manufacture & Install Light Bulbs, or Provide Web Page Design, etc...). The scope can include any 'product/service' line or be specific to one/few of many. If you are writing up a Quality Manual...in the 'scope' section of that you will also identify any exclusions (areas of the standard that do not apply from section 7 only) for your certification.

Since we are not currently certified to the 2000 revision (but in transition mode) limited help is available from me at this point, but I'm happy to help where I can.

Keep smiling - it confuses professors...Eileen

Top Bottom