Importance and Impact of NonConformity - QA Costs and Liability

G

Greg B

James Gutherson said:
How about something like a risk matrix, but with frequency vs consequence.

I modded your form, and just put a few ideas and numbers, but it is the concept I was thinking of.

James,

That is exactly the type of input I was looking for. I talked to the GM a few hours ago and he stated that he wanted it aligned to the Australian Standard for Risk. This looks VERy similar to the system we use for Safety.

Greg B

M

M Greenaway

Exactly

Looks much like and FMEA to be.

Severity ranking
Occurence Ranking
Detection Ranking

Multiply them all together and get a Risk Priority Number (RPN).

Look up the failure mode you identify to those on the FMEA, and then say who needs to be involved based on the RPN !

ta da

J

James Gutherson

Greg B said:
James,

That is exactly the type of input I was looking for. I talked to the GM a few hours ago and he stated that he wanted it aligned to the Australian Standard for Risk. This looks VERy similar to the system we use for Safety.

Greg B

Yeah, pretty much what I took it from.

I hope it get's changed enough not to be chased by their lawyers:biglaugh:.

Be sure to post what you finally come up with.

Martin, I had FMEA in the back of my mind as well because I'm trying to use that in a strategy analysis problem I'm working on for my MBA.

Douglas E. Purdy

Quite Involved in Discussions
A Year Later

Greg B,

Just came across this thread, via back door review of attachments by author. Would you be able to share what you finally ended up with?

Thanks,
Doug

Randy

Super Moderator
Greg B said:
James,

Greg B

What is the system you use for safety?

G

Greg B

Douglas and Randy,

Here is the latest chart for Quality thus far. It has still not seen the light of day but it is getting close. We still need to work out some issues such as IS IT GOING TO WORK?? :lmao:

The safety matrix is from our files but I have little to do with it other than trying to borrow some ideas.

Attachments

• Quality Matrix Template.doc
    188.5 KB · Views: 837
  • Safety Report Completion and Circulation Instructions.doc
    132.5 KB · Views: 437

Randy

Super Moderator
:thanx: That's cool

:topic: How about a copy of the safety report?

One great thing about you guys in Australia, the Canadian's & Brit's is that you all have made great inroads in safety management, whereas we American's just hit and miss at it.

G

Greg B

Randy said:
:thanx: That's cool

:topic: How about a copy of the safety report?

One great thing about you guys in Australia, the Canadian's & Brit's is that you all have made great inroads in safety management, whereas we American's just hit and miss at it.

O.K Randy,
Here are some of our Safety Forms. The first is our Investigation Form. It is long winded but gets the job done. The second is our Job Safety Analysis (JSA) Form. Everyone uses this and we have compiled a detailed JSA history on every task within our company. It is a massive undertaking but in the end very worthwhile. The third is the Safety report Flow chart and Matrix (unfortunately I do not have access to an electronic copy of our Safety Form as it is a document that is printed in book form outside of the company. I could probably get someone to scan a copy (I'll try).

We have reduced our Lost Time Injuries (LTI) from about 18 per year to 1 or 2 (in two years). This is coupled with a Behaviour Based Safety System, Safety Steering Committee, Safety Representatives, a lot of Training and Refresher Training, Senior Management support(up to the Board) etc etc. I am very jealous of the safety system. If we treated our Products like our people we would have no NCs.

Attachments

• Safety Investigation Report.doc
    215 KB · Views: 508
  • RiskJSA Report Electronic Copy.doc
    334.5 KB · Views: 476
  • Safety Report Completion and Circulation Instructions.doc
    131 KB · Views: 370

Randy

Super Moderator
Thanks...anything I can give you? An Arkansas "woo-pig-sooey? A waltz with Matilda? One of my copies of "The Man from Snowy River"? You name it buddy!

G

Greg B

Randy said:
Thanks...anything I can give you? An Arkansas "woo-pig-sooey? A waltz with Matilda? One of my copies of "The Man from Snowy River"? You name it buddy!
Randy,

Your presence on the 'Cove' is reward enough!! :lmao: :applause:

Since a certain Sheriff left there has been a distinct lack of 'Aggro' and you always call a spade a shovel.

Top Bottom