Improving my Quality Qualifications - What certifications, seminars, classes, etc.

N

natecsss

I'm new to quality and have been in my position with my company for almost a year. We have completed our ISO 9001 recertification audit and are looking to become AS certified by 2017. I feel like I have a good handle on the responsibilities needed to get product out the door and for our company to keep our registrations but a lot of times it feels like I'm just meeting a checklist.

My question is what certifications, seminars, classes, etc. should I be looking into to improve my knowledge of quality as a whole? What things should I be doing to improve the company's standing as a company that values quality and has outstanding personnel?

Thank you in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Improving my Quality Qualifications - What certifications, seminars, classes, etc

attend some of the ASQ conferences. the Lean, six sigma conference held in phoenix the first week of March is pretty useful (disclaimer, I am a regular speaker there, but I have been impressed with the overall quality of the conference). The world conference in May is also a potential although it is much larger so networking opportunities may be better at the LSS conference.

Also read:
Statistical Engineering by Steiner and MacKay
Quality improvement through Planned Experimentation by Moen, Nolan and Provost
The Toyota Way and The Toyota Way Handbook by Jeffrey Liker
anything by Donald Wheeler...

N

natecsss

Re: Improving my Quality Qualifications - What certifications, seminars, classes, etc

Thank you Bev.

I am attending a Transition Conference this year and want to start doing annual training to improve the program we have here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Improving Quality inspection gate in one piece flow manufacturing process Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
M Improving Quality in an Extrusion Blow Molding Company Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
L Improving the Quality of Work ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
S Excuses for Not Improving Quality Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 12
ccochran Improving the Quality of Leadership Registered Visitor Articles Archive 21
Marc Measuring and Improving Quality - Choosing Measureables Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
Proud Liberal Improving low p-value Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
Sidney Vianna ISO 9001 News Tirelessly Improving the Brand Integrity of ISO 9001 - Working Group under ISO TC 176 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 42
B Improving Behaviour Safety through Fun games Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
T Training courses for improving 'Coaching and Mentoring skills' within Europe Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
B Improving Safety Culture within an Organisation Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
T Best Career Improving Actions? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
G Logo or design that would represent Spirit - Improving our Culture Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
N Improving Poor Communication with Customers Customer Complaints 6
B Customer Queue Problem - Improving Distribution of Service Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 12
M Improving Purchases and Sales Sheets Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Marc Customer Service - Three Stories About Improving Customer Service Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 3
M Improving Employee Involvement in Company Sustainability Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 14
A Conducting a DOE in Minitab - Improving Surface Finish of an Impeller Using Minitab Software 10
A Benefits of Improving Lead Time on Closing Supplier Corrective Action Requests Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
L Improving Internal Training Systems Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Q Improving Technical Writing skills for CAPA Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
M Interested in improving the FDA 510(k) system? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
D Improving coefficient correlation result Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
R Improving Data Entry Accuracy Service Industry Specific Topics 12
A Green Belt Project for Improving Internal Process Auditing and Metrics Six Sigma 5
R Improving 13485 third-party audits - getting your feedback for our training program ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
8 Simulated Factory - Assistance in simulation of a factory with a view to improving it Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
M Improving the Effectiveness of a 100% Control that uses a Bore Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
F Improving your suppliers to work according to ISO/TS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Ajit Basrur KPI (Key Performance Indicators) for "Improving Customer Communication" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
C Improving Small Diameter Cable Length Measuring Techniques - Process Improvement Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
R Improving our ISO 9004 score with respect to Natural Resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
T Improving current Audit Practices-Need feedback Internal Auditing 19
R Improving IMDS reporting RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
Sidney Vianna Improving gas mileage with acetone? Myth? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
K What tips do you have for improving my career? Career and Occupation Discussions 8
Y How to handle difficult customer - Improving my communication skill and techniques Service Industry Specific Topics 5
Sidney Vianna Is the competence of third party auditors improving? Registrars and Notified Bodies 119
K Improving Aerospace Auditing Skills AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Sidney Vianna "Improving Aerospace Auditing Skills" Workshop General Auditing Discussions 3
R How can one know if a supplier with good performance is continuously improving? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
C Current Receiving Inspection activities - Reviewing, revising and improving Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A Reducing The Amount Of Time Spent While Improving The Effectiveness Of Meetings QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 4
A Seeking Suggestions for Improving Corrective Action Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
B Suggestions on Improving Containment Methodology Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
H How do we prove that we are improving the continual improvement process? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
H Updating Quality Manual to API Q1 Service Industry Specific Topics 4