Incoming Material Inspection Plan - Drawing CTQ (Critical to Quality) features linked

F

FC Larson

I would like to start labeling CTQs or Critical to Quality features on our drawings as an integral part of our incoming inspection plans for each part. Does a standard symbol or format exist for doing this?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I know of no 'industry standard' or other standard. If you look at QS9000 Appendix C you can see in automotive there are a number of designators used by each of the big three. I suggest you choose anything other than one of these to avoid confusion. You could get creative and take a tiny picture of a scowling face and use it for your 'symbol'! Don't forget to document (define) it whatever you decide to use.

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 04-08-99).]

R

ravivangara

Re: Drawing CTQ (Critical to Quality) features list for New Products

Can any one Help me to give an Example of PPt or XL sheet for the Critical to Quality CTQ.
Ravi

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Re: Drawing CTQ (Critical to Quality) features list for New Products

Can any one Help me to give an Example of PPt or XL sheet for the Critical to Quality CTQ.
Ravi
It's not clear what you're looking for--do you want some sort of training materials? What are you trying to do?

H

hispeed

Re: Incoming Material Inspection Plan - Drawing CTQ (Critical to Quality) features li

I am working as a quality Eng. in a fluorescent lamps and I have a ptoblem which is : How I can inspect the packing matrialse ,what is the specification,what is the standars,what are the measuring devices

harry

Super Moderator
Re: Incoming Material Inspection Plan - Drawing CTQ (Critical to Quality) features li

I am working as a quality Eng. in a fluorescent lamps and I have a ptoblem which is : How I can inspect the packing matrialse ,what is the specification,what is the standars,what are the measuring devices
From what you described, it would appear that you do not have an established internal standard or practice.

If you do contract manufacturing for the big boys, they will normally specify all these. If you don't, check around with people in the industry - they can point you to suppliers to these people and you can get your answers from them.

If not, just purchase some products of your competitors. Look at how they do their packaging, what material they used and make a decision for your organization.

For fluorescent tubes, I noticed that most people copied the packaging of the market leaders - basically single walled corrugated carton material.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Inspection & Verificaton of Incoming Material - How best one can accomplish ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
T Is Material Certification Required for Incoming Material (Receiving) Inspection? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
N How to apply Incoming (Receiving) Inspection to Customer Supplied Material? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
L Certificate of Conformity? Supplier incoming material inspection CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
H Medical Device Manufacturer: Incoming Raw Material Inspection ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
W Product Audits must include raw material or incoming inspection process? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
A Incoming Material Quality Assurance Cell Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
R PFMEA (process FMEA) for Incoming Material stage FMEA and Control Plans 3
Q Current Process Controls (Prevention) and Incoming Raw Material Inspections FMEA and Control Plans 8
I Quality Guarantee Plan - Flow Chart from Incoming Material to be F/G IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Q Certified Part Samples for Visual ID of Incoming Material Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
A Lot Number Assignment for Incoming Purchased Products and Customer Supplied Material Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Proof of incoming material verification - Electronic CofC's QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 8
S Strategies for reducing Sampling on incoming bulk material - low volume, ingots Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I Incoming insepction needs repair - sell as "new", "brand new", or something else Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
D Incoming (Receiving) Inspection - General form for incoming part inspection Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
T Primary & Secondary Inspection Definitions - Incoming, In-process & Final Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Ajit Basrur Incoming Inspection for Instructions for Use (IFU) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R Is pre-conditioning supplier component before incoming inspection tests allowed? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 16
T How to identify requirements for 'Incoming inspection' Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
J Incoming Inspection Plans under Design Control (part of DMR)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
C ISO13485 Incoming Receiving Parts Verification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
T Can incoming and outgoing areas be allocated inside the store? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
R Policy Statement for FDA CFR 820 Acceptance Activities of Incoming Products. Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
L How to define R & D Receiving (Incoming) Inspection Plan Design and Development of Products and Processes 18
M Incoming, In-Process, Final and Outgoing Quality Inspection Procedure examples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
M Partial Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Delivery Inspection. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Incoming Inspection Database Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
C Incoming Inspection Acceptance Sampling by Variables and Minitab Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
S Calibration/Certification requirements for an Incoming Inspection Fixture Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
T Incorporating incoming procedures (ISO9001:2008) with ISO 13485:2003 Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
S IQC (Incoming Quality Control) requirement on Electric Power Adaptor for US and CE Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
M Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Procedure - Please Review Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
K LEAN in the Incoming/Receiving Department Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
M Incoming Source of Variation & Source of Variation in Process Flow Chart IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
F Supplier Measurements vs. Incoming (Receiving) Measurements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
K Incoming (Receiving) Inspection for Commodity Items used in Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
Ron Rompen Recommended Rockwell 30T Scale Hardness Tester to verify Incoming Product General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C Medical Device On The Floor Receiving (Incoming) Quality Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
B Sample Size for Incoming (Receiving) Materials and Parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
T Incoming (Receiving) Quality Control Laboratory for Raw Paper Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Incoming (Receiving) Components Inspections Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
R Incoming Inspection, Handling and Storage Procedure for Lead Acid Batteries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
T Incoming Testing for Non-Woven Materials used for Pharma Products and Cosmetics Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Incoming Inspection AQL Sampling of Bulk Textiles AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 3
Q Control plans for Incoming, Warehouse and Shipping process FMEA and Control Plans 5
C What to look for when inspecting incoming packaging goods such as empty retail boxes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
L Critical Characteristics in Incoming (Receiving) Inspection - Inspection Levels Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
P Implement FAI process in my Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6