Incoming Product Quality - Receiving inspection for chemical substance

N

narakorn

Dear All
I am really need help from any of you who can show me the way. Right now, my company is under the qs9000 certified assessment.
One of the topics that the auditor comment is that we didn't have evidence to show that we had receiving inspection for the chemical substance that we use in our process. (Our process is aluminium melting and die casting, during the melting process we have to add a chemical into the molten aluminium)
I would like to know that is it neccessary to do so. Since we don't think so.
Anybody out there can help me out. It would be great if you can give me the
right answer for 4.10.2.4 Incoming Inspection.
Regards,
Narakorn Ratchapolsitte

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Narakorn,

Are you using one of the other alternate bullets under 4.10.2.4? You need to be using atleast one of the listed bullets. My guess is that the auditor is following "traditional norms" if you will and is asking for your inspection records. You may not have them, nor require them, but you still need alternate documentation showing how you approve the materials used in your internal process (i.e. What is your Control Plan?".

Regards,

Kevin

M

Mike525

Kevin is right, Narakorn. The QSR gives you several options to choose from in 4.10.2.4. But it has to be part of your written quality plan (control plan). It is especially important to show release of material into your production process, but just as important, you must have a back up (reaction) plan if something goes "wrong" with the receiving process - especially for the identification and release of material for "emergency" production purposes.

N

narakorn

Dear Kevin and Mike
Thank you very much for your guide. Actually, at my company, we follow the incoming inspection requirement for all of our raw material but not for the chemical subbstance. Howver, the auditor accepted that and we now pass the certified auidit but have to improve the incoming inpsection to cover all the material that we use in our process.
BTW, Thanks again.
Ball

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D What is 'sampling based on performance'? 7.4.3.1 Incoming Product Quality Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A Quality Assurance of Off-The-Shelf Products - 7.4.3.1 "Incoming Product Quality" IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
Ron Rompen Recommended Rockwell 30T Scale Hardness Tester to verify Incoming Product General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
W Product Audits must include raw material or incoming inspection process? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
A Flowchart - Incoming Sources of Variation, Product and Process Characteristics QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 5
M Incoming product is released for urgent production purposes prior to verification QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I Incoming insepction needs repair - sell as "new", "brand new", or something else Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
D Incoming (Receiving) Inspection - General form for incoming part inspection Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
T Primary & Secondary Inspection Definitions - Incoming, In-process & Final Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Ajit Basrur Incoming Inspection for Instructions for Use (IFU) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R Is pre-conditioning supplier component before incoming inspection tests allowed? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 16
T How to identify requirements for 'Incoming inspection' Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
J Incoming Inspection Plans under Design Control (part of DMR)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
C ISO13485 Incoming Receiving Parts Verification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
T Can incoming and outgoing areas be allocated inside the store? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
R Policy Statement for FDA CFR 820 Acceptance Activities of Incoming Products. Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
L How to define R & D Receiving (Incoming) Inspection Plan Design and Development of Products and Processes 18
M Incoming, In-Process, Final and Outgoing Quality Inspection Procedure examples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
M Partial Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Delivery Inspection. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Incoming Inspection Database Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A Incoming Material Quality Assurance Cell Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
R PFMEA (process FMEA) for Incoming Material stage FMEA and Control Plans 3
C Incoming Inspection Acceptance Sampling by Variables and Minitab Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
S Calibration/Certification requirements for an Incoming Inspection Fixture Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
T Incorporating incoming procedures (ISO9001:2008) with ISO 13485:2003 Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
S IQC (Incoming Quality Control) requirement on Electric Power Adaptor for US and CE Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
M Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Procedure - Please Review Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
Q Current Process Controls (Prevention) and Incoming Raw Material Inspections FMEA and Control Plans 8
K LEAN in the Incoming/Receiving Department Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
M Incoming Source of Variation & Source of Variation in Process Flow Chart IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
F Supplier Measurements vs. Incoming (Receiving) Measurements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
K Incoming (Receiving) Inspection for Commodity Items used in Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
C Medical Device On The Floor Receiving (Incoming) Quality Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
B Sample Size for Incoming (Receiving) Materials and Parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
T Incoming (Receiving) Quality Control Laboratory for Raw Paper Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S Inspection & Verificaton of Incoming Material - How best one can accomplish ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
P Incoming (Receiving) Components Inspections Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
R Incoming Inspection, Handling and Storage Procedure for Lead Acid Batteries Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
T Incoming Testing for Non-Woven Materials used for Pharma Products and Cosmetics Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
T Is Material Certification Required for Incoming Material (Receiving) Inspection? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
J Incoming Inspection AQL Sampling of Bulk Textiles AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 3
Q Control plans for Incoming, Warehouse and Shipping process FMEA and Control Plans 5
N How to apply Incoming (Receiving) Inspection to Customer Supplied Material? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
C What to look for when inspecting incoming packaging goods such as empty retail boxes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
L Critical Characteristics in Incoming (Receiving) Inspection - Inspection Levels Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
P Implement FAI process in my Incoming (Receiving) Inspection Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Samples from Lots of Incoming Raw Materials - Sampling Protocol Help Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
S Incoming Receiving Inspection from Sister Plant IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M Incoming Quality Receiving Inspection Report sample Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2