Incoming (Receiving) Inspection - General form for incoming part inspection

duff999

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am looking to create a general form for incoming part inspection that I can add to a quality plan for incoming receiving parts. I am struggling to put a form together that will also allow a field for the measured result for the part inspected. For example, I am checking the size of a screw with a tolerance level, and just want to record the result on the fo,r to ensure it falls between the tolerance measurements

Seems like a simple form but I need to allow enough space so all the measurements in the inspection plan can be written on the form. Sometime I will be inspecting 5 parts or other times many more than that depending on the AQL level. I just want to be sure all the measurements are listed on the form to show evidence that the part was inspected.

Eredhel

Quality Manager
Is there a standard or customer requirement you are trying to meet? Are you wanting to check every dimension on just one part and then spot check different dimensions on a sample of parts or are you wanting to check every dimension on every part in the sample size? Are you wanting to document select dimensions, document every dimension on every part in the sample, or just document every dimension on one part and then document the quantity of parts you inspected?

Sorry trying to get an idea of your need and goal.

duff999

Thanks for your reply. I have created a quality plan for each part of our BOM. For each part, I have come up with a requirement that I would like to be met. For instance, I have acceptance criteria of dimension length, dimension head diameter, dimension head height. along with a number of visual inspections, I am running.

I want to be able to record the actual measurement in the table for that specific requirement. If its only one sample its simple, I have enough space in the table I created to record the actual measurement. My problem is if the AQL ends up being saying 10 pieces to sample, I dont have enough space to record 10 measurements for the certain requirement.

hope that helps a bit

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I want to be able to record the actual measurement in the table for that specific requirement. If its only one sample its simple, I have enough space in the table I created to record the actual measurement. My problem is if the AQL ends up being saying 10 pieces to sample, I dont have enough space to record 10 measurements for the certain requirement.
Is it acceptable to indicate the number of pieces and record the range?

duff999

That's what I was thinking, attach a second page to the document to records the measured results

Top Bottom