Increase in audit days for multi-site companies based on the new AS9104-1 2022

phxsun2001

Involved - Posts
One of my clients has three sites. with Head Count (HC) of 92, 16 and 4. When I audited them during the last stage two audit , it was only 5.5 days based on total HC of 112, with 1/2 day added for NCR follow-up.

The audit days during the coming re-certification audit based on the 9104-1 2022 audit time calculation. It is based on same HC of Head Count (HC) of 92, 16 and 4 (total of 112). The audit day is 9 days instead of 5.5 days. I double check the numbers based on average Risk, Site deduction and Total deduction. After adding 20%, I came up with the same 9 audit days from my CB. My client is surprised when I told them. Looks like there may be a big increase in the number of audit days for multi-site using the new AS9104-1:2022 in general.

I was asked to join another multi-site audit of about 375 employees and 3 sites, abouit the same # of HC for each site. It used to be 10.5 days for re-certifacation audit. This year based on the new 9104, it is 20 days. The new way of calculating audit days for multi is to determine each site separately based on risk and other deductions. Add them together and add another 20%.

CBs are happy because of more income. Companies may be starting to complain about the 80 to over 100% increase of audit days for average risk and performance.

Looks like there may be a big increase in the number of audit days for multi-site using the new AS9104-1:2022 in general. Are you seeing the same increase of audit days for multi-site companies with average risk using the new AS9104 standard?

Last edited:
Top Bottom