Indicators and pressure gages not used on product

C

cjkurtz

Indicators and pressure gages not used on product

We have grinding machines that have dial indicators on them. The indicatorsare used occassionaly as aids to set ups. Do they need to be in the calibration system?

We have pressure gages on regulators that control air flow to air gages. Do these need to be in the calibration system?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
We have grinding machines that have dial indicators on them. The indicatorsare used occassionaly as aids to set ups. Do they need to be in the calibration system?
If they are used as set-up gages, one can argue they do not have to be calibrated. As we all know (ah, hemmmm), every gage on every machine does not have to be in your calibration system - as far as I have seen. Many machines have instruments built in which are never calibrated.

If I was auditing, I would look for you to explain your system, including what is and is not in your system and why or why not to ensure consistency and that you understanding what you're doing.

We have pressure gages on regulators that control air flow to air gages. Do these need to be in the calibration system?

Depends. Take injection molding. In critical applications (injecdtion molding of toy soldiers is NOT a critical application) you want some gages calibrated - especially temperature, screw pressure, timer/controller (for hold time), etc. Typically shop air pressure gages are reference gages at best. As far as flow gages, depends upon what they are monitoring flow for and thus how critical they are.

Top Bottom