Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Information about CEMS material specification - STEEL 0-115 PER CEMS A-0 Part 1

apestate

Quite Involved in Discussions
HI FORUM!

What in creation is INTERN CEMS A-0 Part 1 ??

I'm a little UPTIGHT because somebody has specified plain steel in the most obscure standard this american machinist has ever seen...

STEEL 0-115 PER INTERNATIONAL SPEC CEMS A-0 PART 1

CEMS seems to be Corporate Engineering Material Specifications and the document in question is here:

CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF INTERNATIONAL STANDARD STEELS
http://global.ihs.com/doc_detail.cf...&input_doc_number=INTERN CEMS&input_doc_title=

Please, would someone help me find the proper equivalency in AISI/SAE for this material spec?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Help! Need information about CEMS material specification, steel

If this is a customer of yours, specing a steel grade, can you ask them to forward you the requirements? I used to do this all the time when I was doing metallurgical review for contracts. If it was an obscure spec, the customer had to provide the data, otherwise we did not quote. You can go broke buying every single standard that has ever been written. (that was the long answer to sorry, I've never seen that spec)

apestate

SteelMaiden, thank you so much.

That was going to be my last resort after internet searching, asking the forum (I was thinking of you, specifically), and asking metallurgists and quality engineers at our steel suppliers.

I think I'll ask the customer now.

If anybody knows more about this CEMS, I'd be interested in reading about it.

apestate

NEVERMIND!!! It's a corporate standard of a company whose name begins with "International", thus the confusion.

"Corporate Engineering Material Specifications."

Young mistake. Thanks for the advice and response.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

glad you got it under control, I guess the suggestion to get it from the customer is better than I thought, huh? :lmao:

Top Bottom