Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Information about Medical Device Test Laboratories

akp060

Starting to get Involved
Hello, I am looking for information related to test labs, globally for medical devices including IVD and AIMD bench testing. Can someone point me to a good source where I can get such information Mechanical and electrical bench tests

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
A number of companies do testing to, say, 60601-1 for electrical medical device safety (i.e., Intertek, Nemko, UL, etc.). (Do note that I'm not endorsing or have any ties with the companies mentioned.) You generally want these to be accredited test labs. I presume that's not what you're asking about, though. There are plenty of mom-and-pop test shops to do basic functional testing (white / black box) which generally don't need to be accredited. A web search turns up a good many. Maybe note your specific needs?

akp060

Starting to get Involved
Hi Yodon,
Excuse me if I missed it, I meant to ask about accredited labs only, the ones which provide a regulatory-acceptable test reports

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
Not sure if there's a single location for such information. Maybe visiting websites will help? I know of Intertek, TUV, UL, MET Labs (now part of Eurofins), & Nemko (no ties to any of them / not endorsing any of them). There are more.

Top Bottom