Information regarding Registrars

L

Linda Jurasin

The company I work for is going to request bids from registrars in order to select one for our QS9000 with Tooling & Equipment certification. We design, manufacture & market automated systems that apply adhesives, sealants & coatings to consumer & industrial products. Would anyone be able to give some insight on the follwoing: AGA Quality/IAS from Cleveland Ohio; NSF International Strategic Registrations Ltd from Ann Arbor Michigan; PRI from Warrendale PA; Quality Systems Registrars Inc. from Herndon VA; Smithers Quality Assessments Inc. from Akron Ohio; TUV Essen from Troy MI? I checked the Assessment of Registrars but was unable to locate the ones I listed. Thanks in advance for your help.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Bryon C Simmons

Linda,

There are only(as far as I know), six registrars, at this point, that are sanctioned to issue TE certs.the one you missed is Entela, in Grand Rapids, MI. I do know, that most of these registrars only have one or two TE-capable auditors on staff...(the test is pretty tough,,from what I understand). I have heard good things about all of these registrars......interview more than one, and go with the one that feels like the best fit with your corporate culture.

Good luck.

Bryon

W

waberens

Linda,

RAB site only has five listed that can audit to TE. They are AQSR International in Ann Arbor, Entela in Grand Rapids, NSF in Ann Arbor, SGS in Rutherford NJ, and TUV in Danvers MA. You can search on RAB site for updates as registrars are added. These are who we are currently investigating. Nothing negative so far.

Bill

------------------

T

Tom Goetzinger

We are also in the process of quoting registrars for TE Supplement. Because of the international business we do, we are intending to use a registrar with both RvA and RAB accreditation. We requested quotes from Entela, DNV, TUV Rheinland, ITS Intertek, LQRA, and UL. Have received quotes from Entela, DNV, and LQRA, all indicating that they will certify to TE Supplement. ITS Intertek and UL have indicated that they will quote. TUV Rheinland no quoted, indicating that they were not certified to TE yet (they are in the process of being certified), and that their internal procedures do not allow them to quote something they are not certified for.
Because of when we intend to have our registration audit (not until late this year at the earliest), I believe that many more registrars will be approved by that time. Mu current thoughts are that I'll try to pick the best match of registrar, make sure they have a documented plan for certification, and that my contract clearly states it is for TE, and go from there. I would believe that the witnessed audits are holding up some of the certifications
I notice that Perry Johnson's name is missing from the list. Thought they were one of the first to become certified; at least one of the messages on this forum indicated that.
Just had another thought. Wonder if RvA is even accrediting to TE. Guess I better check into that. The quotes I've gotten have indicated that both accreditations could be cited. Otherwise, can I get the RvA mark on the QS/ISO portion? Always another question.

------------------

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Guidance Regarding Career In Health Information Management Career and Occupation Discussions 0
TechnicalGuy Information regarding Nanomaterials in Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 4
K Searching for any information regarding ISO 10079-1 - Vacuum Collection Canisters Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
Q Ford 'PCF' - Does anyone have any information regarding a Ford 'PCF' System Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
S Information regarding the Software quality systems Software Quality Assurance 3
J Information regarding Competence and Effectiveness of Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 18
Y Requesting Information regarding BPO (Business Processing Outsourcing) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
J Controlled information versus defined documents / records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Medical device Reporting : Good Faith Effort for Additional information Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
P Cenelec updated standard information CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
Richard Regalado Automotive News TISAX - VDA ISA (information security assessment) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
JoCam False information provided for Medical Device Registration - What are the implications? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
adir88 Information of safety can reduce risk now? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
Richard Regalado What could go wrong with information: Ransomware statistics and facts (2018 to present) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
Q LOT or Serial Number Symbol not used when the information is contained in the UDI? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Information about Medical Device Test Laboratories Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
C Missing routers/documented information Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
MrTetris Unacceptable risk and information for safety ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 15
M Is Harmonised EN 1041 (Information Supplied By Manufacturer) Worth Looking At? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
P Predicate Device Information for 510(k) Submission Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
V IS/ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Clause 7, sub clause 7.11 Control of data and information management ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturing Requirements and Information - Help wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
H Analog Pressure Gauge with no EN837 accuracy class information General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Informational EU – MDCG 2019-12 Designating authority’s final assessment form: Key Information Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G What information to put on measurement Dimensional Results APQP and PPAP 7
L MDR - Information in the instructions for use - clausole 23.4.(z) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K AS9100D Clause 7.5.2.a) - What is considered to be "documented information"? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
A Information on good laboratory practices (GLP) for the non-medical or food industry wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
I What kind of information needs to be in a calibration record? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 25
M Informational TGA – Medical device patient information leaflets and implant cards Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Q AS9120 7.5.3.2 Control of Documented Information - Audit Nonconformance AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 20
G Posting Measuring Equipment Accuracy for User Information General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
J EC REP information and CE Mark - Component of a system that is not a medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational EU – Medical devices: Implementation of Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on medical devices (MDR) – Information from the Irish and German delegations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.4.3 "Information for External Providers" buying from online retailers. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
B Practical ideas for information labelling in healthcare environment IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
M Informational US FDA – Historical Information about Device Emergency Use Authorizations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational US FDA – Patient Preference Information (PPI) in Medical Device Decision-Making Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational USFDA final guidance – Recommended Content and Format of Non-Clinical Bench Performance Testing Information in Premarket Submissions Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R Where to get information - M6 per WA900 Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Informational FDA Posts Information about Ethylene Oxide Sterilization and Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
L VDA 1 Documented Information and Retention (new revision 4, August 2018) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
R Publication of user information in manufacturer website for medical devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
E EU MDR GSPR 23.1 information on website CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
M How To Define ISMS (information Security Management System) Scope IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 9
M Authorised Representative Contact Information EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Q Information for safety EN ISO 14971:2012 - Customer Risk Reduction ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
M Medical Device News EU MDR – Information on stages in designation process from Team-NB Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
F Information Technology in IATF 16949 audit scope IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
S Auditor requests confidential information via Email ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22