Information Security Officer Job Description

R

rehmat

Hello Every one, I am recently hired as Information Security Officer and we are soon going for ISMS 27000 Certification. I need to know the Job description of ISO.

Richard Regalado

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello Every one, I am recently hired as Information Security Officer and we are soon going for ISMS 27000 Certification. I need to know the Job description of ISO.
Hi Rehmat.

They hired you as an ISO yet you don't know the roles of an ISO. Helluva of an HR department you have there mate! Have you tried asking your HR department what you're supposed to be doing there?

Stroll here for an excellent ISO JD: http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/CSD3230.pdf

R

rehmat

Yeah I asked HR regarding it they said " You have to coordinate with our IT depart and Monitor the different System,If there is any issue talk to IT and solve it" but i think they really don't understand what ISO job description is,since we are going through the awareness sessions of ISMS and only particular depart is getting certification not the org. as a whole say that may be the reason that they are not very clear about it.Thanks a lot for the help

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
<snip> i think they really don't understand what ISO job description is <snip>
Instead of calling it an ISO Job Description, why not just call it what it is - A Job Description.

As I understand it, ISO 9001:2008 does not require documented job descriptions (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

A documented Job Description typically includes:

The Title of the role or function.

Responsibilities: The specific activities the person is responsible for. E.g.: Specific reports, operating specific equipment, overseeing a production area.

Authorities: What actions the person has authority to do (such as stopping a production run), etc.

External qualification(s): Certifications, degrees, experience, etc.

Internal qualification(s): Experience in one or more areas of the business. These may include experience with a specific software, specific equipment, etc.​

Related Job Description discussion threads.

Top Bottom