SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Insert Empty Column Using Minitab Macro

M

MinitabNewbie

Hi,

I have been fooling around with creating a Minitab macro to help me automate several tedious tasks.

My question is how can I insert a blank column in a worksheet in the macro language of Minitab. When I insert one manually through Editor-->Insert Columns it does not show up on the history tab in the project manager (which is, in part, how I have been teaching myself).

Sorry if this is a simple question, I'm not very familiar with the Minitab macro language.

-Craig

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Barbara B

Craig,

AFAIK there doesn't exist an entry in the history, because you have to (manually) select the column(s) previous to insert new ones. And the manual selection can't be done with Minitab language.

I would use a workaround: There are 3 columns containing data c1: col1, c2: col2, c3: col3 and you want to insert 4 columns between columnd 1 and column 2:

Copy c2-c3 c6-c7. Copy the content of column 2 and 3 to column 6 and column 7 (you could apply this to an arbitrary number of colums)
Erase c2-c3. Clear content and names of column 2 and 3
Name c6 "col2" c7 "col3". Name column 6 and 7 with the former names of column 2 and 3.

This should work with execs, local and global macros. Hope this helps :bigwave:

Barbara

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N FDA UDI - Label vs. Labeling - Does the insert need to include UDI? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M Medical device package insert in EU and USA Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
A Minitab - Using the INSERT command to copy-paste text from and to a worksheet Using Minitab Software 6
A STI (Screw Thread Insert) Thread Gauge-use Before or After Insertion? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
B Pdf expert needed - Insert current date in header Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
G The DREADED...."White Out"!!! *insert scary music* Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 25
P For non-US manufacturors: Statement of distributor on insert/labelling US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
O ISO 9001:2000 insert Occupational Health & Safety Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
N How to find column number for the last non-empty column? Using Minitab Software 0
B How to exclude empty rows in full factorial design analysis? Using Minitab Software 0
P Qualification of a Temperature Controlled Unit have to be empty? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
L Minitab Help with Empty Cell Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
E Empty Test Tube Storage - Suggestions Please Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
C What to look for when inspecting incoming packaging goods such as empty retail boxes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
H Is an empty inspection box on form OK? Suggestions? Manufacturing and Related Processes 16
J How to get Minitab to totally disregard empty cells Using Minitab Software 3
D Asterix when pasting a column of values from Excel into Minitab (V17) Using Minitab Software 5
A PFMEA - How long should the recommended actions remain in the recommended actions column? APQP and PPAP 3
S How to fulfill PFMEA "requirement" column? FMEA and Control Plans 2
S FMEA column column ''therblig motion'' for a given potential failure FMEA and Control Plans 12
A Corrective Action Column in Control Plan and aligning PFD, PFMEA and Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 6
J Macro Question: Get Column Name by Column Number / or Use Text constant to link on a Using Minitab Software 1
Z Adding 1% error to data in a column in Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
R Is it possible to randomly select samples from 1 column to many column Using Minitab Software 2
O Importing Data via Script - Assign Column as Text (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 3
M Shewhart Control Chart for SPC In Excel - Explain the yellow and red marked column Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
W 'Classification' column in DFMEA FMEA and Control Plans 3
Proud Liberal Is there a way to import Column Descriptions in Minitab? Using Minitab Software 4
E Content of Column 18 of the Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
T PFMEA (Process FMEA) Recommended Actions Column FMEA and Control Plans 10
bobdoering Measurement Expert Advice - Modern Machine Shop Magazine Column General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
A Minitab ANOVA Error Message - *ERROR* No data in column. Using Minitab Software 3
B How to copy rows to another worksheet based on the contents of a column Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
smryan How to get data (column varies) from one sheet to another? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 12
C Control Plans - Evaluation Measurement Technique Column - Torque Control FMEA and Control Plans 2
Z Subsetting based on values in a text column in Minitab Using Minitab Software 1
P SMED - Single Minute Exchange of Dies template (tabular column) wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
T Minitab - Getting a Minitab Macro to look up a Column Name Using Minitab Software 23
M Minitab Macro-Command 'NUMERIC' to convert a text column to an numeric column Using Minitab Software 8
S Seeking suppliers with robotic welding capability for Steering Column manufacturing Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
P A collection of Dr. Wheeler's Articles from SPC Toolkit column of Quality Digest Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
C Minitab Column Sorting Issue - Invalid variable(s) to sort Using Minitab Software 9
Q FMEA Cost Column added to Associate and Prioritize Risks according to Cost FMEA and Control Plans 10
M MiniTab Calculated Formulas for a Calculation in a Column Using Minitab Software 4
P Counting the occurences of a value in a column - Minitab student release 12 Using Minitab Software 4
D What is the Control Plan Characteristic Class column? FMEA and Control Plans 11
D FMEA and Control Plan Characteristics Column - Product / Process Information FMEA and Control Plans 2
A Classification column - PFMEA - Customer doesn't identify any critical characteristic FMEA and Control Plans 16
B What are your inputs for the "Process function / Requirements" column FMEA and Control Plans 6
T Recommended Action(s) Column - Process FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 17