Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Insights on Graham (and other) Process Mapping software

J

JNB2005

Hi all,

Sorry, if posted in wrong thread. I would like to have your insights on Graham Process Mapping S/W. How do you utilize it in your business? What are the other products on the market with the similar set of features? Is it easy to learn and use?

One of my clients asked for information on process mapping S/W and I just wanted to get some opinions coming from real life experiences.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I really appreciate.

Best Regards - JNB

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
Hi all,

Sorry, if posted in wrong thread. I would like to have your insights on Graham Process Mapping S/W. How do you utilize it in your business? What are the other products on the market with the similar set of features? Is it easy to learn and use?

One of my clients asked for information on process mapping S/W and I just wanted to get some opinions coming from real life experiences.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I really appreciate.

Best Regards - JNB
I have no experience with this particular package, and in general have found that simple flowcharting software, such as Visio, or the inexpensive RFFlow is adequate. I see that the Graham website offers a trial download, so you might want to take it for a spin yourself if you haven't already.

I have no experience with this particular package, and in general have found that simple flowcharting software, such as Visio, or the inexpensive RFFlow is adequate. I see that the Graham website offers a trial download, so you might want to take it for a spin yourself if you haven't already.
Jim

I am intrigued - when you say that something like Visio is "adequate", surely it depends on what your objectives are. OK if you are drawing individual flowcharts which fit on a single page, but not so useful if you want a process-based (integrated) management system where the process definitions are at the heart of the system.

Mind you, the challenge is often to "find" and define the processes in the first place - the software is stage 2...

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator
I am intrigued - when you say that something like Visio is "adequate", surely it depends on what your objectives are. OK if you are drawing individual flowcharts which fit on a single page, but not so useful if you want a process-based (integrated) management system where the process definitions are at the heart of the system.
Just my own opinion, but I think a great deal of time and effort is spent in making pictures of things that people don't understand, and that no one will ever look at. I refer to Visio as adequate, but I also think that in most instances crayons would be adequate.

Mind you, the challenge is often to "find" and define the processes in the first place - the software is stage 2...
If finding and defining processes is a significant challenge, there is no software that's going to help solve the problem.

R

ralphsulser

I have used Visio, rfflow, All Clear, and think simplier systems are better for me. IMHO and experience Excel with the drawing tools and options are more than adequate, and easier to use. You may not get the prettiest pictures and symbols, but people can look at it and understand the process. Mine have been reviewed by 4 different outside auditing people and passed their review, and was even complimented on the clarity of showing the processes.

Top Bottom